a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 6, 2012

slow start

More beautiful days. It was lovely outside ,just crisp though , not hot. I sat outside on the sidewalk in my walker which has a seat. Ray was parking the car so I had a little wait. I have been stuck inside for so long. After I got out of the hospital my skin had the look of someone who had been in prison for a long time. Prison pallor I think they call it. I need to get the roses back in my cheeks.
Ray took the handles down a notch on my wheel chair and it makes a difference, so no more pain in my arms.
The morning was very regimented.
At 8:00 the shower lady showed up. That was a surprise as I was told that February 2nd was the last day. She was surprised too.
At 9:00 Matthew came over to pick up the wheelchair, the walker and the second walker from the Red Cross and to return them to the Red Cross. We gave him a cheque for the donation, had a bit of a talk and he was on his way.
 At 10:15 the nurse arrived , Monday is the day to change the dressing on my arm that has the pic line. All that and the antibiotic delivery take about an hour to finish.
And at 11:30 we headed off to the ostomy clinic for a change of appliance and to check up on the crater which is no longer there. It still needs some work but it sure is getting better.
After we were done there Ray said do you want to go for fish and chips. Well DID I?  You bet. I had one fish and some chips with a bit of cole slaw and also a bowl of fish chowder. All good stuff. Ray just had one fish and coleslaw , he is not allowed to have potatoes because his potassium is too high, There are lots of things he can't eat.
After lunch we had to go to Safeway ,they have a coin machine there and you can bring in your saved up coins, throw them in the hopper and wait for the voucher. I had over 60 dollars. We took the voucher to the cashier and got the money. Ha! I am richer now LOL.
We had  to go to our little mall for bread and in the grocery pharmacy we found the Florastor and Cranberry pills. That came to over $100 . We have spent a ton of money this week, Ray's car insurance, my new walker, some prescriptions that came to over $300. Our bank account is taking a beating. However  we will get a refund on our income tax which will even things up.
Guess what I did when we got home.... Had a nap, I was pretty tired.
My dad's family or some of them. Left to right Uncle Bill , grandpa , two of my aunts whim we can't identify , grandma and my dad in uniform taken before WW1.
Majestic wave and some surfer is riding it. Looks like fun doesn't it.
I am gone for the night folks, have a lovely relaxing evening.
Buona Sera.


No comments: