a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Seasons

http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/10/tulip-quilt-block.html
Leaping lizards, spring is on its way with this very nice tulip block.
Winter here has been very mild and not very wet. Soon the snowdrops and crocuses will be pushing their way through the earth. It is  a magical time.  I love this time of year.
We had a lazy day today, didn't go out the door. We just did some washing.
I was fast asleep when Ray woke me up at 8:00. i didn't want to get up but he had started breakfast, bacon and eggs. I can never resist bacon. We have that on Sundays, well not always the bacon but always eggs- one egg each and toast. We put all our pills into the pill box for the week. That took care of our jobs for the morning LOL.
By noon I was so tired I went to bed for a long winter's nap Haha.
Wake up mommy, time for breakfast. The ever smiling Charlotte beckons.
Yesterday we bought some new towels, deep pink for me and plain eggshell for Ray.  And I forgot to take a picture of them.
I couldn't resist this one, it's good for a laugh. Ray would not laugh though as he is quite fussy about keeping things clean. I am the untidy one with all my projects , quilting, knitting, laptop , you know what I mean
Due to the long nap I managed not to do anything of consequence today.
But we did watch the last of the Variety Show of Hearts and it raised   6.7 million dollars for the kids. There are some very heartwarming moments on the show. Travis Lulay ,Quarterback for the football team,showed up for two little boys who were football fans and gave them each a B.C. Lions jersey with their names on it. The delight on their faces was wonderful to see.
We will get the latest Robert Bateman poster because of our donation. It is a superb picture of a family of lions, babies and all.

Times up for me, I have nothing more to say. LOL.
Have a great evening.
Bon Soir.





No comments: