a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 26, 2012

sunday times

http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2012/01/tool-time-tuesdayfabric-heart-bookmark.html
So cute and so useful. Try one or even three or four.

.http://youtu.be/2UoUzK19Vww  spray basting on the wall , a video. Fascinating technique if you have an empty wall. I don't, mine all have something on them.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2012/02/qm-shorts-no-mark-stitch-flip/?utm_source=QUMK_0221_2012&utm_medium=eletter&utm

What a time saving technique as long as you have a steady hand. And no wine drinking LOL.
I hear that some quilters imbibe a bit when they are free motion quilting so as to relax. If that was me I would be relaxing under the sewing table LOL.....

 We had to go to Safeway today for a prescription and that was the extent of our travels. Both of us were tired. I went to bed for a long nap.
Kathy is coming tomorrow morning to have a look at my embroidery machine. I hope it is something small that I just can't figure out. At least I have taken the road less travelled and stopped the insanity. LOL  Thank you Albert Einstein.
Isn't this a hoot, Now who would think of  making a snow man standing on his head. It is quite funny, isn't it?
We all need a helping hand LOL and these little guys fill the bill. Hmm I want one !!
I have a little tip for all the embroiderers out there. If you are pressing /ironing  your embroideries DO NOT STEAM. It makes wrinkles around your work. Ask me how I know. Now I am trying to figure out a way  to rectify that. If I do then I'll put the fix on the blog. 
Watching Downton Abbey, Season Three. I understand there is a Season Four coming up in the Fall. Good!! I find this series engrossing.
Knitting time , I have to get some done, it has been sitting there for ever. I am finding it hard to get it worked on .
That's it folks.
Have a good evening.
Guten Abend








1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, I watched Downton Abbey last Sunday night. It was Series
2 episode 7 (last one for series 2. Last night Masterpiece had on The Old Curosity Shop.
Yes, there is suppose to be Series 3 next season. your confusing me. Were you watching a rerun ?