a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 20, 2012

Slave driver

We went to the clinic today and thank goodness everything was okay. In the morning my stoma had receded  and become recessed. The morning nurse was worried about it , but by the time we went to the ostomy clinic the stoma was back where it belonged and the nurse there said that happens occasionally. That was a relief as I didn't want to go back to the doctor .

We had a hamburger at McDonald's  and it was so big that I could only eat half of it. We rarely get hamburgers there so were surprised at the size. It was good though, next time we'll order one and split it.

I took a couple of pictures today. This one is of a new fence.
Here in B.C. it rains a lot during the winter and the ground gets soaked so the posts of the fences rot and the boards suffer from the incessant rain, so wood fences need to be redone over the years.
I'm having trouble with the edit part of this programme so you get the front of the car as well as the fence.
On Marine Drive which is a major road to get folks across town there is something new. It caught my fancy and made me laugh so I had to take a photo.  Arms , legs caps,  all out of joint on this pole. It is quite hilarious .
So the slave driver is Ray. he decided when we got home that I needed to clean out my yarns bags. He brought them all out here to the living room and put me to work.  I arranged the yarn into cottons for knitting dishcloths and threw out all the small bits I couldn't bring myself to throw out previously. That reduced the yarn to one smaller bag. The wool that I use to make socks was arranged in a knitting basket and again I tossed the smaller bits. I just could not bring myself to throw some of the wool out but it will go when I next get the tossing urge. Now guess what comes next....   Fabric of course. I did the magazines earlier. Now Ray is talking about the bedroom closet, OOOO he is getting boring LOL.
Then I got my knitting needles and crochet hooks back where they belong in the cases and wrapped elastic around my sock needles to keep them all in one place.  In the process of  cleaning out I found a set of templates for curved blocks that I have been looking for forever. Hurrah!!
Now don't you think I was almost perfect LOL.

Watching The Mentalist again even though we have seen it before. It seems to me all there is are reruns.
That's it folks, time to go.
Have a lovely evening!! 






No comments: