a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 19, 2012

lunch with Sam

Making pillowcases two at a time the easy way.
Here is an easy set of instructions!
http://www.maryquilts.com/pillowcase/

We had lunch with Sam today and talked a bit about my 80th birthday party which he is organizing. He said he is going to have it catered.  My kids are all coming so it will be so much fun. HE asked what I wanted and I said a cake LOL.
However this is a bit too early since my birthday isn't until April.

Ray and I went to Fabricana this afternoon after lunching with Sam to buy 2 Fat Quarters of 30s fabric for my on line Bingo game.  While we were there Ray spotted a really cute pair of scissors. We bought one pair and now I wish we had picked up a couple more pair for gifts.
Aren't these amazing ? It was love at first sight for me and Ray loved them too. He likes different things like this. A man of taste :))
But not of patience as he doesn't want me to spend time looking around so it's in, buy and out. For some reason he does not like to spend time in a fabric store even though he chooses great fabric and spots cute items like the scissors. 

We also went to London Drugs for Ensure as it was on sale and bought some of the lovely foamy hand soap, Dial I think it is. It is for disinfecting your hands and I love using it.
Tonight I'll do some more stabilizer stripping and hopefully get several more completed. I am eager to get on to the next phase,starching and squaring off of the blocks.

Cool outside  today with a light drizzle but still comfortable to me. I would like a real hard rainstorm as long as I am laying in bed and watching it slam up against the window. Crazy isn't it.
But then some people like to watch the snow falling. LOL.
Adam , my great grandson, on the hills of Utah during time off school for Mardi Gras. He had that experience last year too with his grandpa. Grandpa says he is a good little skier and he excells at other sports too.
Here he is again and that is grandpa in the background.
Time to go folks. Have a good evening, I think I'll knit. Oh no I said I'd remove the stabilizer.
God Aften.








1 comment:

Salliejean said...

Nothing says you can't start celebrating your birthday from now until April. Just sayin