a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, February 11, 2012

ruffled hearts


We went grocery shopping this morning for three things. Hahaha you say who gets out of the store with three items.
See the sign on the left. What does it say?  Lock out auto crime. We parked right in front of this sign. It should have been a good reminder to lock up, but when we got back to the car the door to the driver's side was wide open LOL . Talk about not paying attention. But not a thing was missing .Amazing!!  Mind you there is nothing in our car anyway other than Tic Tacs but they were still there.
Out for a walk, looks like he is alone but his mom is right there beside him. I like the way he steps out as if he has a purpose that we don't know about.
These little guys out  by the tennis courts for a stroll, I see them nearly every day.

Tonight we are watching the Variety Show of Hearts . It happens once a year around Valentine's Day and is for the children in children's hospital to help them with things they need such as wheel chairs, , hearing aids, medical assistance, prescriptions and aid to parents. All the money goes directly to the kids, no one gets paid. The stars tonight are Michael Buble, Elton John, and  several others that I don't know yet. We watch it every year. I just made our donation.


http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/02/10/ruffled-heart-pincushion-tutorial
 This is an adorable ruffled pin cushion. It would make a nice gift for a quilting friend or for yourself!

http://www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/11/night-and-day-quilt-block.html 
Interesting block -night and day.
Thes little guys are just so cute sewing up socks for their cold feet. And I could not resist the sewing machine LOL.
My on line bingo group is beginning a new game so I need to get my FQs so that I can participate. The theme this game is The Thirties. Now I have a lot of 30s fabric but most of them have been cut into. I'll need to go through them first and if they are not good then oh sweet dream I'll go shopping!!!!  :)))))
Now the time has come to say good evening.
And to hope you have a wonderful evening.




No comments: