a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

blazing, amazing

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-new-shortcut-block-triple-strip-block-t167602.html
 This is amazing, a strippy start and a wonderful finish. I am enamoured of it.

Now I am going for a nap, can't keep my eyes open. The cleaning lady is here but she always does my room first as she knows I sometimes nap in the afternoon. Nice lady.

http://mychellem.blogspot.com/2011/09/extra-scrappy-pinwheels-tutorial-video.html

Videos on this site maybe   9 of them and all different techniques. Lots of fun to watch and to learn a new trick or two.

I slept the afternoon away , I wonder why I was so tired. Oh well, it was a very good nap.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/02/four-squared-quilt.html 
I like squares as they are  symmetrical and that suits my sense of order .

It was a nothing day, just the nurse ,the medicine delivery and cleaning lady. Three phone calls by someone who wants to sell me something. Don't you hate that. It is such an intrusion when they call at dinner or when you are napping , not that they would know any of that. it must be a thankless job.
I don't need anything and mostly don't want anything. Well maybe I want something once in a while but I can't rmemeber so as my dear old mother used to say if I forgot what I wanted," It can't be very important". And she is right.
Ah the little princess, isn't she beautiful with diamonds and pearls. Now for another cutie.
There don't they warm the cockles of your heart.  I think this little guy is so adorable.
Watching ET fashion designer do her shopping at Winners. It amazes me because I can never find a thing at Winners. But then I am not a good shopper. If the racks are all different and packed full it discourages me. It just looks like a big jumble to me.Too bad it would save me money it I could shop that way.

My boys when they were a lot younger. I hope to get a picture of the five of them at my birthday party next month. Then I would have photos of them when they were younger and this one and one of them as adult men. I'd like that . Matthew is the youngest and in the front , just behind him on the left  is Peter  the third son, and on the right Adam who is the eldest son,behind on the right is Richard the second son and right Jim the fourth son. Handsome looking group aren't they?
And so good night dear friends.  Enjoy your evening.
                         Bonswa.











1 comment:

Adam said...

Love the photo! Yes, let's get another one some 30 years later, it would be sad! Or funny. The other boys look much older, whereas I feel much the same.
Adam