a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Egad another pinwheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2_2-i4HC9U


Here is another way to make a pinwheel block. And I bet you are thinking "not another one " LOL

Another repeat , a bad day again and I did not go to my sewing groups. I sure hope this gets better in a hurry. It is interfering with my life. 

However I did finish my book The Perfect Nazi. If you are interested in the period of WW2  you would find this interesting and enlightening. Because I grew up during the time in our history and because my parents were British WW2 loomed very large in our house. We listened to "This is the BBC from London" which was broadcast every night and gave the news of the day from Britain. 
I do recommend this book to anyone who is interested. 


A priceless Tea Shop in Australia , not useful to us but it is pink LOL. I love going to tea shops, they are wonderful. Tea,  biscuits. strawberry jam, tiny cucumber sandwiches  and iced cakes Petit Fours. Delightful! 

Made by my friend Helen this gorgeous Mariner's Compass is absolutely striking.
Helen you are so talented. 

And do any of you remember taking a bath in a galvanized tub.


 On the farm where my aunt and uncle lived there was no running water and they had to take their baths in the main room in a galvanized tub. That was not for me, I fussed so much that the moved the tub to the other room where the beds were and put it at the furthest corner of the room. I came form a home in the city where we had a bathroom , a tub and total privacy. It was just beyond me to be naked in a tub in front of anyone. At home we would be punished for exposing ourselves like that. But things were different on the farm. Life is as you make it.

Isn't this little hexie mug rug a treasure?
I wonder what size the hexagons are, it would be fun to make. 


Did you know you could start rose cuttings in potatoes? I had no idea that would work. We used to grow roses in our garden when we lived in our house. We had 60 varieties. They were wonderful.


Nice quilt of bouquets or posies.

Well that's it for tonight folks. I am tired of writing and sitting up. 
Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Have a lovely evening.
Good night.









No comments: