a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 29, 2013

No today is Thursday

I am still confused about the day. Do you ever have a week when the days seem to be out of order. I feel like it is Friday but know it is Thursday. My brain is jumping ahead of itself. 

So Thursday it is. I had to go to the doctor again today some -stomach problems. 

We met Sam first thing at the ABC restaurant for breakfast. We haven't seen him for a long time . He has been in Israel on business for a while. So long that he was able to make friends with a lady bartender. Or can you do that in one night? I should know as I was working in a bar when I met Ray, so sometimes it works out. We have been happily married since 1976. And still are!
Back to Sam he has a huge beard on right now, I call him Grizzly Adams with that beard but he is having a customer coming over from Africa and has to shave it off  to look more professional. Oh well it won't take him long to grow it back again.


Sam and Grandpa Ray.  The boys have always been good friends and it shows. 
It is raining very hard today and last night. I had a nap with the window open so I could hear the rain on the leaves of the tree outside my window.  It is a soothing sound  and soon I was asleep. What a delightful way to succumb to the snoozies, " new word".
Keeping dry  in the rain.

It was after our breakfast that we went to the doctor just to keep things in order. 
We picked up two  prescriptions at Safeway and then just came home. 
In Safeway they are celebrating all things Asian and they had this copy of the Chinese warriors that were found buried in China at some point. There was a whole battalion of warriors, not real humans though,  buried upright along with....you can see it here

The Terracotta Army or the "Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses", is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. It is a form of funerary art buried with the emperor in 210–209 BC and whose purpose was to protect the emperor in his afterlife.
The figures, dating from around the late third century BC,[1] were discovered in 1974 by local farmers in Lintong DistrictXi'an, Shaanxi province. The figures vary in height according to their roles, with the tallest being the generals. The figures include warriors, chariots and horses. Current estimates are that in the three pits containing the Terracotta Army there were over 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots with 520 horses and 150 cavalry horses, the majority of which are still buried in the pits near by Qin Shi Huang's mausoleum.[2] Other terracotta non-military figures were also found in other pits and they include officials, acrobats, strongmen and musicians
Bad picture  but shows what these terracotta warriors. It was an amazing discovery.


It was a nothing afternoon other than reading my latest book on the Reader. I do like the Reader since it is very easy to read , the pages all lay flat , it is easy to hold and simple to read plus very easy to  purchase a book even from your bed. Now what could be better than that.  I still like to go shopping for a real book once in a while just for the fun of it. 

Speaking of books Ray got the books we bought for Catherine all packed up and ready to mail. We'll do that tomorrow since there  is nothing on our calendar for Friday. Her grandma, our daughter Lynn will read them to her. Catherine  will be going to English school for the first time next week.  

We had a really good dinner tonight. Ray made hot dogs LOL.
He does make wonderful hot dogs and they look as well as taste great. they tasted so good that I ate them instead of taking a picture of them. Ah too bad. I must get more focused.


A box full of wonderful kittens, all the same , unusual isn't it. They have such adorable faces. Marg I thought of you when I found these guys. Even I a dog person am pulled in by these little guys. I have always like grey cats though.

Our Katie dressed up as Amish. She is going to Amish country to visit with a friend.

This is an adorable photo of a Quebec baby. This is perfect.

Adam and Prince Charles,  the picture taken by the NEWS ASSOCIATION.  He sure had  a great chat with the Prince.

A simple and quick quilt to make for a small person  if your time line is short. 

| A doggie car seat, dog in a basket. I can't really see that this is a safe option for a dog but then I don't have a dog just love them.

Okay folks  it is time for me to cease my chatting.

Have a lovely evening.
Good night!


















No comments: