a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 3, 2013

schoolhouse block #13


http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/2013/08/happy-scrappy-spring-bom-finale.html

You may find this one interesting.


http://sentimentalstitches.net/2013/08/01/just-takes-2-schoolhouse-quilt-block-13/






Example of hand quilting, the two https above are about hand quilting.

This is probably going to be my blog for tonight. It has not been a very good day for me. Got  up tired, did not recover all day , lay down after supper for a short time, still tired but got up to do the blog.
We were able to go to the grocery store  but came right back home after we were done shopping.
Right now we are watching a documentary about New Orleans after Katrina.  We had been to New Orleans several times . I love it but the man who is talking about the city thinks it is changing and will not be the same again. I hope the change is not too drastic because the ambiance will change too much. We were there after the hurricane and went through the ninth ward , it was  totally devastating  but people are so resourceful and they are rebuilding or refurbishing.



Two homes from that ward, it was tragic. These are the better ones.
Another thing I wanted to see down there was an armadillo but most of the ones we saw were on the side of the road having been killed by cars as they tried to cross the road.
Poor little thing.

And here is something pretty rather than tragic.

A postcard I made when I was making postcards. I like the pink hexagons. I am so fond of hexagons.

Mr. Relaxation LOL. He sure looks like the man of the house waiting for his pipe and slippers.
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.

Good night.














No comments: