a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sewing day hurrah!

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccallsquilting/articles/Block_Builders_Workshop_FREE_Quilting_Video_Lesson_No_Waste_Flying_Geese

More easy Flying Geese. And that will be the end of the geese for a while.

And today I spent a bit of time sewing up the Halloween squares that I have been working on. At first they needed to be pressed again then I had to square them all up to the same size, not a really big job since I pretty well had squared them up earlier but I like to check.  I sewed the squares together , but just two rows . I had to make dinner by then. We had potatoes, very little ones, smokies and salad, jello with whipped cream for dessert.
Here is a picture of my two rows. Tomorrow I want to do the other three rows.

We went to London Drugs to buy a new slow cooker .
Ours is so big and we wanted something smaller and easier to use and move. I use it fairly often so I want it to be easy.




I couldn't find a red one LOL.

I was totally shaky this morning, my legs were collapsing and my upper body was shaking too, of course the arms were doing a dance as well. I have no idea why this happens to me but it started after I came out of the hospital and that was in 2011. I guess I am falling apart LOL. I did make an appointment to see the doctor on Tuesday but I don't think it will help much. I think I have gone to see her about that before. Oh well I am still lucky that I can get around and do whatever I want to do. 
We didn't do anything else that was different and unusual .

Have a drink Buddy. But watch your neck!

I love these pictures of kids and dogs hugging the returning heroes. It is so sweet and loving. I see many of them on Facebook but they always bring a smile to my lips.

Isn't this funny. If you are a quilter that is.

I'm into cats tonight but just could not resist these darlings. 


And now for our amazing police officers!!!

Time is up for tonight folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night!








No comments: