a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

star in a star.


http://moosequilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/fat-quarter-stars-block-one.html


Today was productive I put together the rows of my Halloween table topper. My machine was busy and happy after a long time of no use. Oh I have used it in the past few days but for months it just sat there while I went through one of those episodes where I did nothing. That is not unusual for some quilters so I don't feel too badly,but happy to be on the yellow brick road again and dancing my way to quilting Oz. LOL.

This is just the centre of my little quilt and now I have to decide how to finish it off. Any suggestions would be welcome. I have looked for the one I did last year but can't find it right now. Eventually I will locate it. I usually do.

I love Hallowween



http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---easy-peasy-log-cabin-tutorial-by-larissa.htm


I got the impression that this was touted as a new and easy technique. But it seems to me that it is a technique by Eleanor Burns. I have the book by her  on my shelf. 
Anyway I did use this technique at a class I took years ago when I first started quilting. It worked well . And this one should do the same thing. Good luck with it.

We had to pick up something at the pharmacy in Safeway, and after that We went to Nygard's to look for jeans. I had managed to get a bad stain on one pair and Ray threw them out. So he insisted that I get two pair. I did not argue. LOL.

Matthew came over this morning to pick up the large slow cooker. It was good to see him and he looked really nice in his dress shirt. I forgot to take a picture. I have been neglecting my picture taking lately, need to get back on track. 

A battle going on in Surrey between golfers and homeowners. A home on edge of the golf course is getting pounded by golf balls and so the battle goes on.  
By/buy the bucket full of golf balls.

Trade him in my dear!

I thought it was a wise old owl not a wise old frog. Haha.

How about camping in this one, you'll be in the lap of luxury and the envy of all the other campers.

Our lovely Charlotte making tracks and just having fun with the Brio.

Mommy and baby, look how small the little dolphin is alongside his mom.

Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.
























No comments: