a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 22, 2013

lunch date

We met up with Bob and Buzz for lunch. Bob said to me you have to get your blog out early around 6:00 because Buzz won't go to bed until she has read it.
Bob is in the pink since his stay in the hospital. He looks like a happy elf, but he is as you can see a big boy. But I love his pink shirt.
Bob and I both look pretty in pink.... Now have a look at Ray and Buzz , see anything strange.
Well not really strange but both Ray and Buzz  wore yellow. No collusion either.
We had a great visit as usual. 

After we had lunch , Salad for both of us and a visit we went to Sears to see if we could find anything good to buy but neither of us felt like buying anything so we just looked.

We came back to the food court as that is the door we use to park the car and decided we wanted some Dairy Queen. We bought one sundae with 2 spoons and that worked well for us . A nice time spent with friends and by ourselves. 
We came right home after that. I finished reading the book that was on my Reader.
this photo is of the flower beds in the middle of the street. Burnaby sure brightens up the roads with the gorgeous gardens.

That done I went to  rummage around in my stash, What a mess that is. But I did find some fabrics to audition for the borders and binding of the little quilt top I almost finished yesterday. 
Here are the contenders...haha.

For sure the strip will be the binding. As for the first little border I think it will be orange and the border black. Yes that looks okay to me. 

Lots of quilts


Have you ever noticed how friendly horses are to other species. The relate to birds, cats, kids and other friendly creatures.
Look at this one nosing up to an owl. I love horses and loved riding them when I was a teenager on my uncle's farm in Alberta.

Not certain if I showed this one already but aren't the adorable, beautiful pups Daisy. And what a good mom you are- taking them all for a walk on a sunny day.

Rick is now In Nova Scotia , I am thinking he may be ready to take the trip back home. I hope so, I worry lots about him. All the time actually is when I fret.

This is the end Buzz and early enough so that you don't have to stay up until midnight LOL. Thanks for a great visit today.

Good night!










No comments: