a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 18, 2013

sore eyes short blog

A comment on the blog today--no Tim Horton's in a while?
Not today not yesterday but we have been there this past week. I just don't like to repeat myself too much or I'm afraid you will all leave LOL.

Today was lovely and different. We have a wonderful clock that is battery run and stopped. It takes 4 large batteries , we bought new ones and it made no difference so we took the clock to the Clock Gallery in Landsdowne Mall where we had bought the clock. The owner was not there so we left the clock for him to look at tomorrow. I hope it is not too expensive , but we love this clock and want to keep it. Actually Daniel is going to get it after we have gone to that great clock gallery in the sky.

Then we walked around one part of the mall which is two circles joined together   for a small space. It is the most confusing mall I have ever been in. We rarely go there for that reason. But we did manage to find the food court LOL. Both of us were hungry. Ray went to A&W but I stopped at a Chinese food booth that were serving dumplings. They were being made right there in front of everybody. The woman rolled out the long roll of dough and chopped off pieces of dough at regular intervals. Then they were stuffed and grilled. The filling was finely chopped  ham and delicious. They served the dumplings with malt vinegar. It was a totally new experience for me and so good. I will have some more when we pick up the clock.

 Then I went to Toy 'r Us to look for a 18 inch doll. I did not want those Disney dolls but a real doll like we used to get. No luck I am afraid. I wonder where I can get one other than American Doll . They are very  expensive . I'll just keep looking.

By this time I was really tired and we had to walk back. We did stop at a store that still had fans and Ray bought one for the bedroom . It has been cool this past week but from experience I know it will heat up in September and we'll need all that fans we can get. Well one in every room. It didn't work  so it will go back when we pick up the clock. Lots to do.

We came home and I lay down to read, no nap though. I slept all through the night last night and when I do that I am good for the day.
We didn't bother with dinner tonight as we were still full from our late lunch.

One picture tonight and then I am off the laptop. My eyes are killing me , have no idea why. Maybe I should go back to the eye doctor.
I am partial to pictures of great sewing rooms. I have a desk.
Have a great evening.
Good night.





No comments: