a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday musings

I did not get out today. Ray went shopping and I stayed home since I felt unwell. Just one of those days I'm afraid. 
I lay on my bed and read for a while then slept for another while.
Some days are like that. I don't even feel   like writing.

All I did today was knit, watch TV, do my laptop and nap. Not a bad day is it?

Richard is in Coeur D'Alene today and getting closer to home. I will be glad when he gets back to Calgary and is able to rest for a few days. Rest is important for him. He drives himself too much for someone who is as sick as he is.  


How did this piano survive in a field of war and so intact that a soldier could play it on the open area. Amazing!
And amazing that the two of them could end up in this field together. it must have been such a great pleasure for this soldier to be able to play the piano. It is soothing to the soul. I used to play the piano after school every day after everybody had gone home. Everybody except the office secretary.  When was just down the hall from me and when I retired she said she would miss hearing me play after school. I miss it too since we do not have a piano.

Now we are watching Midsomer Murders. I like this show but we don't get to watch it too often. It is a treat for me.
Six years old , an early start. by the time she is 10 she will be an excellent sewer. Start 'em young I say.
I wish I had had an early start. I remember begging scraps of fabric from my mom when I was about 7. She did not like a mess so she would not let me have them. She threw them all away. Too bad. I did not start sewing until I was past 65. Shame isn't it.


It is rhododendren time in  Vancouver. These beauties are blooming all over town. They are not all the same colour though. This picture was put up on Facebook by my niece Karin, Marg's daughter. I think Karin said they are at her house. Lovely aren;t they.



Heinrich Himmler checking out the POWs. I don't know why I added this photo but here it is. It caught my attention.

That is all folks, have a wonderful evening.

Good night.
                                










No comments: