a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

again with the tutorials

http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/Handwork/main.htm
I had this site on my blog a few days ago . As there is a new tutorial every day I may be adding it more often. Today the tutorial is hand piecing. It is a good explanation of the technique. I once knew a prize winning quilters who hand pieced all her quilts, sadly she passed away earlier in the century. She was the lady who taught me how to applique.
http://blocksnswaps.blogspot.com/2008/02/disappearing-9-patch.html  
This is so cute, I just had to share it with you. A great idea.

 I had a very full day today . We had the upstairs door replaced so the doorman came at 8:30. The nurse was late and while she was here my childhood friend Clairee from Washington state arrived.
We had a good visit and then went for lunch at the White Spot. For dessert there was a blueberry tart with whipped cream. It was delicious. Oh yes we did eat a legendary hamburger first. You know that old saying, Life is uncertain, eat dessert first LOL.
Clairee helping me into the van. Isn't she lovely and lots of fun too. I so enjoyed our visit.
She asked me at lunch if I followed American politics. I do , so we had a good old chinwag about the state of the union and of course solved all the problems LOL.
When I came home the door man was still working on the door but he did get it finished at the end of the afternoon.
After I got home I decided to take the bull by the horns and do some embroidery, I am going to do these little ballerina girls. Ballerina girls is redundant isn't it?  and I did this blue one.
Cute isn't she? These are going to be fun.. I have those 4 trippy little girls too that I want to do too. I wish there were more of them but I'll figure out something. That's the fun of it.

Ah ha sweet Charlotte what a beautiful chapeau for a cloudy day. She's having fun wouldn't you say.
Time for me to go, no nap today so it will be early to bed for me.
Have a great evening everyone!
Buena sera.




No comments: