a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 3, 2011

health report

After the clinic this morning I had to come home because my legs were not working properly. I went to bed and slept for three hours. Ray went for the groceries by himself.
Betty called me and that managed to get me awake.  She wanted to konw how I was and when I go to the hospital for the procedure. We talked about the book she just read , she said she would save it for me.When I got up the legs were a bit better. I even didn't take any pictures becasue I didn't feel like it. But I have lots that I can put up.
That's the medical report for today .
I have this 3 yard piece of white fabric that I want to cut for background pieces to do some embroidery on but it is too big  for me to cut on my kitchen counter. Not that it couldn't be done I suppose but the length makes it very awkward. Oh Well , I really need to wash it first. One step at a time , that makes it a lot easier. I'll continue to tell you the saga of the fabric, one step at a time LOL.
We have been watching a lot of movies lately. It has been kind of fun as I don't usually watch much TV. 
Today an old movie about The Pharoah and a much newer one about the financial debacle in the USA at the end of the George Bush Presidency. What it left me with is just how scary the stock market is and how crooked the market can be. I'll stick to quilting, easier on the nerves.

http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/2007/09/rotary-cutting-mat-ruler-bag-pattern.html
Great bag for carrying all your quilting materials when on a retreat of class.
Return to Sedona...
Ray and I in front of the church high in the mountain. We did go in and lit a candle and left a donation in the pot. As you can see from yesterday's photo it had a fabulous view.
The restaurant  where we had lunch. The red rock used in many of the buildings . The town of Sedona keeps to the surrrounding red rock for construction. The mountains all around and throughout the state are this gorgeous red colour. It is an amazing experience. I took so many photos of red mountains and rocks because they enthralled  me. And no I have no plan to to show you all those photos ( PHEW) just to comment on the raw beauty of the states Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Forgive me if I left any state out. :)) On second thought I may show you a couple of them. haha.
  Just introduced tonight - http://www.horizonmemorycraft12000.com/
Oh boy I want one of these. Does it wash and cut fabric LOL.
It seems there is a new machine every year though. Who can keep up.
Rick called this morning to say he is on his way home, his boat was repaired enough for him to get home which will be about 6 days.
I called Adam in Louisiana this morning to see how he was being affected by Hurricane Lee.  He said they had a lot of rain so far and were not able to go out for their walk. Too wet! I haven't talked to him again today. I'll call tomorrow.  Lots of flooding around the eastern part of the state.
Time to go and no dogs today can you believe that LOL.
Have a great evening.
Kalispera.



 




No comments: