a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hi everyone. Nan has been improving but not very quickly. She is not yet able to get herself up out of bed, and she is most unstable on her feet. It is important to remember that she was in quite a weakened condition before the surgery, having been I'll for nine months and in and out of the hospital continuously through thT period. In addition, although I don't see it, she is not as young as she was.

So today the doctor decreed that she would stay in the hospital for another two weeks, and she'll be transferred to a general medical ward where physiotherapy will be the primary order of the day. She and Ray are a bit relieved at this as they didn't feel she was ready to go home quite yet. So thats the latest.

7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Thanks for the update!!! Work hard Nan at getting stronger.

Gail in Arizona said...

I am so glad to know Nan is ok! Have been so very worried about her. Love and hugs - Gail in Arizona

Denise said...

Thank you for the continued updates. Nan is included in our evening prayers. Many of us want to know what hospital she is in. Would you be willing to share this? We are thankful that she is getting the care she needs. Thanks again for your posts.
Denise in AK

Patti said...

Thanks Adam for the updates on Nan .. will continue prayers for a complete recovery for her. Patti - USA

Dona said...

I am so happy to hear that Nan is progressing in her recovery. She's been so ill for so long that it will take some time for her to be herself again.My thoughts are with her.

Dona said...

I am so happy to hear that Nan is progressing in her recovery. I hope things continue to go along and that she will soon be home.

Mary said...

Denise:

That's a good question. I will find out and let everyone know :)

If anyone wants to send cards, just let me know (mary.mcbride@gmail.com) and I'll send you her address. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to receive them!