a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The next season is coming up

      http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/christmas-rose-wreath.html   
A bit early for the season but as I see it  it will take until Christmas to make it.
I  have been reading my e mail and answering it of course and forgot that I had this job to do. It's not too late 7:30.

Ione said the block I put up last night was just the thing they wanted for their group . Now that made me happy. If any others find something on my blog that is useful  drop me a line. That would make my day. There are some terrible fires in Texas and the same up here in the Kelowna where they lost a number of homes to the raging fires. The stats for the Texas conflagration are frightening, it is 0% contained. Some of my e mail acquaintances live in both of those areas.
My nurse was a bit late in coming this morning and we were worried as I had an appointment with the foot doctor. My toenails were so long they could skin a cat. LOL> The nurse is a quilter and was going on a retreat this weekend, so we talked about the different guilds. She belongs to about 4 of them. She has an embroidery/sewing Husquavarna and was planning on lessons for the embroidery component. It was fun talking to someone about quilting.
We stopped off at Dairy Queen for a small Sundae, that was lunch. Not a healthy diet but certainly a delicious one.
I had a good day today, used the walker but remained upright for most of the day LOL.
Don't you just love the colours of this year's vehicle. Here's a lovely fire engine red motorcycle.
A very small car :))

Then we found a yellow bicycle at the mall when we went for bread. It was all chained up sp no one xould run off with it. If I was in better shape I might have been tempted haha.
Then we met a friendly dog. I asked his owner if I could take his picture. He was pleased to let me. He had the dog turn to face me and would you believe it the dog posed. These critters are such hams. I love it-not that this girl is the prettiest dog I have seen but she was lovely in spirit.

For the lace makers this site has some good things for you.
Time to publish.
Have a good evening
Good night

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Love reading your blogs, Nan. Even while you're not feeling good you still do lots of interesting things! I feel like you run circles around me. Keep writing! ♥