a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 5, 2011

a different hexagon pattern

http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/hexagon-tutorial-assembling-diamond.html

More hexagons , but this tutorial is excellent and the design is unique.
Fun to look at even if you don't want to make them. I always feel I learn something or get directed to another site and learn more. It is worth a few moments of my time.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SquareswithinSquares2Block.html
Simple but  nice. It could double as an alternate block. Maybe LOL.

 So many images of the World Trade building 9/11on the TV today reminding us of the 10th anniversary of that brutal event. And the question people are asking , "Do you remember where you were on that day?"
And most of us do remember. I remember crying my eyes out , it was so horrific. I still have great feelings of sorrow for those who were trapped and perished in that conflagration.
The other question asked in the 60s is "Do you know where you were when John Kennedy was  assassinated"
The assassination of Martin Luther King was another nation defining event. I still hear the famous speech in my head at times " I have a dream" , not the whole thing of course but certainly the beginning.  MLK is a hero in my eyes.
Where was I today. The nurse came at 8:30 and changed my dressing back to the clear one so they can see the site. Then we went to Safeway for some bread, the bakery was closed for Labour Day. Of course one never comes out of Safeway with just one item -same as Walmart LOL.
I was feeling really ill and tired so we came home and I went to bed. I woke up at 3:00 and said to myself it can't be three AM and of course it wasn't . It just gave me a jolt.haha.
The tower he put up for power, looks like he is headed for making a windmill.
Jim just called to see when my surgery is. He spent the weekend   with friends  up at his acreage. He had to take down his windmill that makes elecricity because the bearing had worn out. But he'll fix that. I don't like him climbing that tower though. But he is very capable and does not need me to worry about him .He's a man not a child. As a child he climbed everything in sight, it's in the genes.
Work in the park. This spot used to be a parking lot but we have no idea what they are going to do with it. Summer time is when all the heavy machinery comes out LOL.
Charlotte , prepared to swim.
Time out folks.
Have a great evening.
Guten Abend.














.

No comments: