a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Getting to the pattern

If you cannot find the pattern to the blocks I put on this blog,just click on where it says pdf pattern and it should come up, it did for me. Maybe some of you have different set up than I do , so let me know and I'll try and suggest something else.

Download  as a pdf pattern

Bear Tracks as this is called can be a bit more of a challenge. It is a lovely block IMHO. I hope some of you try it and then you can send it to me to show here.
 
What a gorgeous day it started out to be this morning, lovely and warm , the sun shining and the day  so bright just elevated my mood. I didn't think I ever responded to the weather and normally I do not but I sure did this morning. It is to be expected since my last two days were a bit down. But the beauty of the day did not last and it started to rain by 3:30. The day brought on the expectation  of our wonderful spring days, soon to come.
 
View photograph Whitcomb Cherry street trees.
You'll see more of these as they begin to bloom. We have whole streets adorned with flowering cherry trees. I love the spring and its promise of warmer weather to come.
 
Now that winter is almost over I have the urge to knit socks. What is up with that I wonder.
 
Tonight is the Variety Show of Hearts , a spectacular show of talent and music and telethin to raie money for the kids with medical issues and that need to be in children's hospital. Ray and I donate to this cause every year because we care about the children in need.
Our charity dollars are very limited and this year we will be donating to the ALS society for research and assistance to those who have diagnosed ALS.
Well we probably will do both, yes we will.
 
 
We had a normal day today  Saturday grocery shopping. Marg came over with a book for me to read. She brings the library books she has read and shares them with me. Marg reads them so fast. This book is over 500 pages, she got it out of the library on Wednesdayand finished today. Amazing!! It will take me a bit longer than that. LOL. The book is Did You Miss Me by Karen Rose. Boy do I need to read fast to get through this book and the three I took out on Wednesday. I am still on the first one.  Oops!
 
I hope tomorrow I can get down to sewing and doing some embroidery as well as preparing for the class on Tuesday night.  I think it will be a tight fit as I have an appointment with Dr. Bondy at St. Paul's 2:45. Kathy usually picks me up around 5:30.I may have to miss dinner LOL.
 
This is so cute. I know people think cats can't be trained but some cats are amenable to training. Marg's friend's husband trained their cat to do dog tricks. As  she told it to me I thought it was amazing.
Who is that?
 
Rose in a rainbow tutu. She is walking now but this was in her crawling days. Soon she will be running and Mary and Albert will have trouble keeping up with her. She is a charmer.
 
Time is up folks.
Have a great evening.
 
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: