a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

lots of quilts


 http://24blocks.com/
I went to this site and found many lovely quilts made by readers. They are sometimes simple and at other times more complicated. It is weveral pages of quilt but I who am not patient went through all the pages. I really enjoyed them. This is one quilt. 
I liked it. There is a lot of action in this quilt.
 
Today a friend, Joan,  gave me a delightful pattern of a green tree made of yoyos. Lots of items can be made of yoyos. This is one of them.
It is a summer blanket for the bed made of yoyos that are sewn on a sheet. In the south the summers are very hot so this is the solution to covering up when in bad. This quilt is an old one But amazingly still in one piece or many pieces whatever you want it to be LOL.
Just two of the quilts on this site.
Today is my sewing day . Pat picked me up , we had Starbucks and off to the church. Pat is so good to me , she picks up my walker to put in the car and carries it upstairs to the room we sew in. Then Sharon takes me to community quilts soing the same thing with the walker. These ladies are precious friends.
Betty's daughter make cup cakes for the whole group for the many February birthdays  in the group. They were beautiful , almost too beautiful to eat. But of course that did not stop anyone from trying!
 
 
At Community quilts I took pictures and chatted with friends , more kind and generous women. I have not seen Juliet for a while but I hear she is off on a holiday to Asia, her dream vacation she said. Good for her!
Ione made these adorable owl pincushions. Clever lady.
Meredith hand quilted this quilt I love the colours.
A brown betty by Betty.
 
 
My sleep was bad last night and I was so tired at Betty's but we had tea and cookies. I could not eat anything after the cupcake but did have tea. It was a lovely visit. Betty is so dear feeding us every week. I called Ray to come and pick me up and he was there in about 25 minutes , very good time. I guess the practice run we made was helpful.LOL.
After we got home I cooked!!! Ray wanted chili and I agreed to make him some today. I didn't sit down just went into the kitchen and got busy. But my dear one was happy.
 
Now It is time to relax and write my blog, oops I am writng the blog.
Stretching to feel the sun on his face.
 
 
Beautiful feathered creature in flight. I'd like to say I knew which bird it is , a Roseate Spoonbill  maybe.

 
Done for tonight.
Have a great evening folks.
Good night!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: