a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilts and blocks

http://www.thequiltery.com.au/
This is a great site for wonderful designs . You can see it is an Australian site where  many great designers work their magic.

Here is an article with some valuable information about scraps and scrap quilts
http://blog.shopmartingale.com/?utm_source=Stitch+This%21+blog&utm_campaign=9a7a4faf27-Daily+Email%2C+Quilting&utm_medium=email


If you are up for compass blocks here is a lovely collection of the same. I however would not even attempt such magical blocks.
http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/bcc.aspx


Now to start my blog Haha. I have been thinking of the talent my son Richard has. I wish my writing was as good as his is. He is actually inspirational in his discourse. He has a great command of English, his work is truly inspirational in thought and true in content. He has a beautifully descriptive way of expressing his thoughts and emotions. My own writing is more like a journal  while Rick's is like a poem. So he didn't get that style for me obviously. 
I remember the time when he wrote manuals for some company or another. He is clever.  All my sons are clever each in their own ways . I am so blessed to have had five wonderful sons.
Really I am quite emotional tonight.
Matthew is missing. From left to right, Peter, Richard, Me, Ray, Jim, Sam Adam Rodger and Ricky in front. April 2012.
 

Today was my sewing day , Pat picked me up and we did our usual Starbucks visit. It was great . Then we went on to the church where I finally completed the applique on my butterflies, now just the bit of embroidery to do. There were some beautiful quilts there today. I took photos . Of course I did. LOL. We had our visit time with each other. Betty Lu and June gave me two blocks for Rick's quilt. I must get them off tomorrow. They are lovely and I am grateful to them for taking the time to make a block . Diane also made one which I showed earlier.
Betty Lu's gorgeous block for Rick.
This colourful block is from June.
 
We sewed and talked and viewed quilts. Then we had lunch. Helen brought some lovely little cupcakes with such tasty icing on them. We all took one and the last one came home for Ray .
I took several pictures of quilts but I'll just show one tonight, the rest tomorrow.
One of Betty's lovely heart quilts for Pumkin Seeds. Some lucky child will love this one.

I got up to get ready to go to Community Quilts when I had a severe attack of dizziness. That really frightened me as I think is might be another attack of infection which means hospital. SO I asked Pat if she would take me home. I was so sorry to miss my next group but there was no other way but to go home. I missed tea at Betty's too. When I got home it was straight to bed for me. I called Ray when we got close and he was there to help me get to the apartment. It is a long walk from the elevator to our apartment so I was happy to have him with me. 
Then I went to bed and slept for 2 hours. When I got up I felt better.
Ray got my dinner for me which was pasta that Michael had made and brought over. It was very tasty Michael. Thanks for the effort.
After dinner and the news Ray said he wanted something tasty so I made him popcorn. That should keep him for a while haha.
We are watching The Big Bang Theory. It is always funny to us .It is a low level of comedy with an intellectual overtone. But we like it. I first discovered it in the long days and nights in the hospital.

photos for the day
LOL.
 
Rolling along, just having fun. What a great use for a bagel haha.
 
So cute . My boys just lay face down on the floor. We did not have such beautiful cars but I love the concept. It would have been perfect for them.  Popcorn and Kraft dinner is on the menu.
 
What is this :))
 
Maid of the Mist takes you right behind the falls. I was a bit scared when I first got on the boat but it was okay to go behind them just got a bit sprayes by the mist.
Time for me to unload my camera. I'll put some of the quilts up top and maybe some below.
And time for me to go.
 
Have a great evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 




No comments: