a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A few brave projects

http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com/2013/10/folded-star-pumpkin.htm


A great quilt , you can get an idea for your won Halloween quilt by checking this picture out. I do not have a pattern so it is just the idea.  enjoy it.

Another good idea for a table runner, just three pumpkins and a comment.

An idea for a seasonal quilt but no help from me as to a pattern. You will need to use your own ingenuity.

We had a full day today. First we had to go to Michael's and pick up our framed Robert Bateman. 
Not a good picture but it will have to do for tonight. I should take pictures of all the Bateman's we have.  However I will take this one again tomorrow in daylight. We donate to Children's Hospital  and receive a poster of his painting. Each year it is a different one.

After picking it up and bringing it home we had to go out again. This time we went to Metrotown  for a coffee and doughnut. Then I had to go to Dr. Horne for another visit. He is trying to take me off some of my medications. Well not trying he is actually doing it.

We picked up some bread at Safeway on the way home. That was the day for us. No sewing once again. 

I did not feel too well today, a bit of a sore throat and sneezes. So We did not make dinner I had an egg in a mug. I got this one from our daughter Lynn in Quebec. You put a bit of butter in the bottom of a mug then add the egg and prick it with a fork or knife. If you don't do this you will soon realize why it is necessary LOL.  Cover up the mug and put it in the microwave for one minute.I use a plastic mesh for the top of the mug. It is a nice egg for eating. I do it often now that I have remembered it.

My it is cold tonight. I am wearing a sweater and my hand knitted socks to keep arms and feet warm.

I have knitted many pair of socks for myself, family and friends. But right now I am just knitting dishcloths. Then I plan to crochet a hat.

Sam and his machine. Sam is our grandson.
I like this blue and yellow quilt. Many blocks alike in this one  just different sizes.
I have no idea what the text says but I love this perfect African Violet. I used to have lots of them but no longer.
She is so adorable, what a delightful present. Too bad I am allergic to cats.
Mr. Peepers peeking around the fence post. 
So that is it for tonight.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Good night.

























No comments: