a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 7, 2013

half squares


http://whipup.net/2011/03/17/guest-blogger-series-half-square-triangles/

A great tutorial on a technique I mentioned before. This shows it so clearly.



Lots of things to do on this site. 


Beyond Dresden is what this quilt is called . It uses the Dresden Plate ruler to advance the concept to another level.


This morning I woke up feeling ill but I got up anyway. But just for a while and then I went back to bed. When I finally got up it was afternoon. But I felt a lot better. Since I was still not feeling good enough to go out . So I sewed a bit. Remember the star blocks I have been working on for the guild I got two more done and a third almost ready to sew together. I have decided that I don't really like doing these stars and plan to take the other envelope back to the guild and trade it in for something other than stars.  I want this batch to be done by Wednesday as it is guild night and I can turn them in. No problem, I will get that last block done.
Rick called today , he had to go to the eye doctor and needs new glasses. His friend told him to get something trendy. I agree with her.  It will perk him up when he looks in the mirror. LOL.

Isn't this a great looking mug rug.  Apples are de rigeur at the moment, Halloween and the fall harvest make them topical. They are an easy one to make. I like the red rick rack as the border.  The grey neutral background is very effective.
 Apple site! Hit it !

That was the day. Now I am just resting and writing. Or wresting and writing LOL.


This book and and one other were sold at auction in 2010 from the Old Salem Toy Museum. Comprising "A Concise Account of the Mode of Instructing in Needle-Work... " printed by Thomas I. White, Dublin, 1833, and "Specimens of Needle-Work Executed in the Female Model School..." printed by George Folds, the cover inscribed "Sarah Darby 1837" and including cloth samples of sewing, darning, embroidery, knitting, and miniature clothing. Each in marbleized covers, largest 9 ¼ x 6 inches. 
Provenance: Witney Antiques, Oxon, England.

You'll probably need a magnifying glass to see this . I think this is an amazing example of a sewing primer with beautiful examples like this one. I would love to see one in the flesh so to speak or even better to own one. 

Hi there Mr. going for a walk?
 He is so appealing and eager. We had a dog once that looked like this one, we called him Mr Peabody. The kids named him , where that name came from I have no idea.    

A dark night, a dark cat out on a limb. Lovely silhouette. I remember my mom having a pair of pictures like this and they absolutely fascinated me as a very young child. Still like them.





Pretty pumpkins to decorate your Hallowe'en table.

That's it for me folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night

















No comments: