a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, October 3, 2013

the odd bag revealed

That odd bag that I showed last night? Kathy tells me it is for a full size iron with thermal  silver fabric inside and can be used as an ironing pad when opened up to full size.  Thanks Kathy for this information. I never would have known.  I thought it was a purse LOL.

Lesson learned at Telus today. We had an hour of lessons for the new phone. And homework to do tonight and before the next lesson in two weeks. Remember this is just a $100 phone and not one of the complicated expensive IPhones . However it was interesting and there were things I did not know. For sure next lesson is about the camera and whatever  else I do not know about. I think it is a great service Telus is offering and worth the effort for the buyer to take. So tonight I practice and the teacher wrote out some notes for me to follow.
After the lesson we went to Chapters. I wanted to buy a book by Richard Castle. We watch the Castle Show on TV regularly, but I always want to go to a book if there is one. I think I read The Help and watched the movie 2 times each. Books often give a more in depth look at things. Anyway as a reader the book is the go to default for me.
I wanted to go to the cart that sells watches to buy batteries for two of my watches. Not there . I guess it is another casualty of the business failures in this age. Too bad. I do have another option at the jewellery store but I liked that little cart. 

We finished all our business at Metrotown then Ray went to the clinic to check if his appointment was too early and it was. So I had to make another one for him on the computer when we got home.
 Bread at the bakery as usual and I went into the grocery store for a can of Tuna. For some strange reason I craved a tuna and cucmber sandwich. It has been years since I have had tuna as usually I don't care for it.  It however was delicious. I put a few splashes of malt vinegar on the tuna, diced up celery and white onion. I think I put those two items in almost everything  I cook. Then I added mayonnaise, salt and pepper. I spread it on 12 grain buttered bread with a glaze of Mayo, added a couple of slices of cucumber, cut the sandwich in half and served it on a plate. Ray enjoyed it , so did I.
That was dinner for us.
Now we are watching the news. Bad stuff going on in Washington D.C. with the woman who gave the officers a run for it with her child in the car. I think people are nuts sometimes. Everywhere they seem to take their lives so casually. Oh well enough of that and on to other things.
Adorable is the name for this poster and true!

Not good enough doggie. I had a dog that once chewed up one , just one of my favourite shoes. It was expensive and beautiful. I was not a happy camper I'll tell  you. I guess I need to blame myself as I must have left it out of the closet but I can't remember doing that. Oh well it was years ago. Dogs do not like it when you go out and leave them alone. They are pack animals.

This picture has been in my files for some time because I like it. It is time to show it. Maybe it is the silhouettes that make it interesting. Still it has power for me. 

This lovely old guy showed up on my screen today. Maybe it is a place mat. Looks too big to be a mug rug. I like it a lot whatever it is. Reminds me I must get my Halloween hanging out and up.

If I have shown Sunbonnet Sue before , she is cute enough to be shown again in her October finery. 
 I think that is it for tonight folks. See you all tomorrow.
Have a great evening.
Good night.

A bit late for sand bathing !
















No comments: