a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday


Ah Tuesday my sewing day but I did not attend the groups as Pat was not able to pick me up. So i stayed at home ,well you know I rarely stay home. Ray and I went to the Ostomy Clinic to pick up some supplies . After buying those we went down the road to Cockney Kings for the best fish and chips in the country. As neither of us can eat a lot any more we each had one piece of fish, I had the chips and an oyster. Ray shared my chips and we each had a small basket of cole slaw. It was delicious.
We came home then . I ate , I slept LOL. Yes after a bit I had a nap, a good one . 
Now I am thinking of what to eat for supper. Neither of us are very hungry so it won't be much, bowl of soup, noodles, an egg. Even a sandwich is too much tonight. 
I used to wonder that my mother could eat one egg for her lunch, now I know why. As you head into real old age your hunger tends to diminish. Be  warned and eat while you can. LOL.
So I had an egg in a cup and a salad for dinner.

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-paper-piecing-pattern---miss-pumpkin-by-chase.htm


A strippy way to make a pumpkin using your scrap strips. It is unusual but as we are used to seeing pumpkins in orange and using just a variety of orange strips would no doubt please our eye.

http://bit.ly/1doR2oF




Wow glorious rich deep colours in this quilt. They must be batiks. I think.




A wonderful mug rug of a turkey for American Thanksgiving and on toward Christmas. This one is adorable as are most of them . It looks easy to make.



 http://bit.ly/1doFMZg



And these elephants are not quite as easy but  certainly are very cute.



LOL This is a funny cartoon. Enjoy it.



Whoops another pincushion. Fun one though.

On to other things. Humpback Whales a threatened species are coming back to the west coast of Canada.

A humpback whale breaching. What an amazing sight. I have always wanted to see this. We used to have Orcas and Belugas at the aquarium in Stanley Park but the pool was considered too small for such a huge creature and as the whales were retired and let loose back into the ocean we not longer had whales to see. They are not toys anyway and I am glad they were left to live their own lives.

I love this picture of a Hutterite woman and her quilting.

Isn't this one gorgeous. Look at the old Singer treadle. These quilts are amazing coming off that machine.


So adorable, twins in a boot.

Our street today.Amazing sight.


Ready for a nap , my lovely Charlotte.

Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.
























No comments: