a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

free pattern




http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-pattern---antebellum-quilt-from-humble-bee.htm








Pumpkin Party by Deb Strain for Moda has arrived: http://goo.gl/ANIeBr


Bad night's sleep and up in the morning to go to the lab for blood tests ,regular sugar tests for me and the whole batch for Ray. No breakfast before test. Off to McDonald's for the breakfast sandwich , rarely get that sandwich as we don't get to go there before 11:00.
So I did not go to sewing today as it was too late and Pat was not going. When she can't go neither can I.

Then off to the shoe store to return and exchange the slippers Ray bought the other day. He got the wrong size. That didn't take any time so we did a bit of a walk in the mall. I was not able to do much walking. I find when I don't sleep well I am not able to do much of anything. 
So we came home and I slept for about three hours. That was the day , as you can see it was pretty well wasted except for the slippers. 

But it was a beautiful morning, with the sun shining and the temperature fairly warm. Wonderful for the 15th of October.
Ray has a ham in the oven and it smells very tempting, we should be eating it soon.

And it was delicious!



And some lovely pieces on this site. 
Take some time to look at these for Christmas gifts.  I know it is far away but it takes time to make things. I am still in Halloween mode.

Here's an interesting block.


I think I had this one up before but without the pattern,  anyway give it a try .

Dogs love to love you. They even love the cat it seems.

Did you feel like this this morning after the long Thanksgiving weekend. Long but oh so nice, family and food what could be better?
Isn't this an amazing and gorgeous piece of work by Nancy Zieman ?

Down the lane. Mary took this lovely photo with all the shadows creating a pattern on the ground.

This owl can be done on the embroidery machine but it takes a larger field that that which my machine has. And I cannot find the site but he looks lovely though. It may come in again tomorrow.


Mother love even if it is not hers. This squirrel rescued an orphan baby and set it up for her to look after. That is such a lovely story

.That's it folks.
Have a wonderful evening.

Good night.

































No comments: