a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I am not in the mind to blog

www.fatcatpatterns.com

Have a look at Fat Cat Patterns , this is the latest issue.

I am not is a very good frame of mind today. I am quite concerned about Richard  and his need to find a new place to live, one that can accommodate his worsening condition. He is suffering from the fact that he can go nowhere now as he has to stay close to the hospital to receive his daily shots of Warfarin to keep his blood  from clotting . The opposite effect of the thinner is hemmoraghing if he gets cut or has any form of bleeding. He is in a precarious position.  I am so useless to help him out. He is very unhappy right now.

But I did have a good day today , two sewing groups on my agenda and I made it to both of them. First Pat picked me up at 8:50 and we had our Starbucks coffee at Oakridge mall.. We drank and gossiped , mostly about sewing. I guess that is not really gossiping is it. 
Some of the ladies had great pieces to show but   I still did one heart . I am such a slow appliquer but my stitches are nice.
Sharon had gone to a class in Kamloops showing a special way to applique. The teacher was Lisa Leishner I think but the pictures of her applique were amazing. 

After we ate lunch Betty , Sharon and I went to Mary Alice's where pumpkin seeds resides on Tuesdays. It was so nice to see everyone as  It has been a while since I was there. I had a nice chat with Jocelyn about her grandbabies and she showed pictures on her I pad. I think it was an I Pad but it did show wonderful pictures.
Some photos at Pumpkin Seeds.
Helen's chick , pinwheel baby quilt top. Whoops this one is at the church for the morning group. 

Pumpkin Seeds baby quilt.

A panel quilt that is going back east to Newfoundland.

What a classic, Betty's cat called Puss puss. He arrived at Betty's door years ago , walked in the door and stayed. All of us ladies love him, he is such a sweetie. And he is a wonderful companion to Betty.

I chatted with Mary and Robin about hair if you believe.  Do other women talk about hair I wonder. I have not done that forever.
Sharon, And I went to Betty's for tea and Betty's goodies.  It was so good and again has been a while since I enjoyed her goodies.
Ray came and picked me up to go home.  A bit out of order this paragraph but it stays here. LOL.
It has been a lovely day and I am a lucky lady.

Time out folks.
Have a lovely evening.
   Good night.

       
October begins.



1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Praying for Richard and you.