a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, December 21, 2013

curves

http://bit.ly/1bgIB8y
Take the pain out of curved piecing.


WOW! I'm thinking how totally fabulous this would look embellishing a handbag flap? And yes... there is a tutorial available. Check out the link! http://emsewandsew.blogspot.com/2013/05/folded-fabric-star-tote-bag-edition.html

Amazing piece of folding.   

What did we do today, all the presents are wrapped and have been for days, nothing to cook, the house is clean , the decorating is complete, and we all just sat around. Ray and I did go grocery shopping, it was not that busy wherever we went today. Rick and we went to TOPS for dinner. They served cabbage rolls which both Ray and Richard ordered , I had openface turkey sandwich. Does that make any sense to have turkey a few days before Christmas dinner.  NOT!



And that was the extent of our day, no excitement at all. Rick is out right now in the mall, he called to say he might take in a movie. I would like to see a movie too but Ray doesn't care to go. I will ask Kathy if she cares to go after the holiday season.
I can't go with Rick since he says I could not get into his truck. Ray says the same thing.  I think they underestimate me LOL but I don't want to upset them.




I am giving up the idea of sewing or embroidering until the new year.  Then I can go at it without fear of causing any disruption to other members of the house. Plus I really do not want to sew right now which is the real reason. Haha.


Tomorrow is Sunday, we stay away from everywhere tomorrow as people will be out all over the place finishing up their shopping.

Things are better these days. This girl is one of many some as young as 3 years old who worked in the thread factories. Thank goodness for the advent of child labour laws.
No shoes even , her poor feet must be cold.


Holly Hobby but I call her Rachel Patchwork just for fun. 

I like this little picture, basket, wool, needles, scissors all things I really enjoy.

Well, well my favourite pattern the Snowball. It makes a nice cushion cover. Sixteen snowballs make one cover.

Christmas Dresden Plate quilt. A nice looking quilt and one that is easy to make. You choose the size of the blades to suit yourself.

Time is up for me tonight. 

Have a great evening.
Good night.





















 




No comments: