a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

the quilts are not made

'Twas the night before Christmas, And the quilts were not made. The threads were all tangled, the cookies delayed. The stocking weren't hung, the pantry was bare. The poor weary Quilter, was tearing her hair. Stacks of fat quarters, tipped over in streams. Visions of Log Cabins, had turned into dreams. When what to her wondering eyes should appear, But a bus full of quilters with all of their gear. They went straight to work with just a few mutters, Sorting and stitching and brandishing cutters. The patterns emerged from all of the clutter, Like magic the fabrics arranged in a flutter. Log Cabins, Lone Stars, Flying Geese & Bear Tracks Each quilt was a beauty-even the backs. Her house how it twinkled, her quilts how they glowed. The cookies were baking, the stockings were sewed. Their work was all done, so they folded their frames, And packed up their needles, without giving their names. They boarded the bus, and checked the next address. More quilts to be made, another quilter in distress. She heard one voice echo, as they drove out of sight, Happy quilting to all and to all a good night! ~Author Unknown Merry Merry, Happy Happy, Quilty Quilty Y'all!! >






A wreath made of hexagons. Great isn't it ? You know I love hexagons and anything the uses them for a creation. 

Another stay at home day. I won't be going out until the 27th. Tomorrow is Christmas day , Family coming over on Boxing day. So Friday will be a day to go out for a while. Then Rick and I are going over to Victoria on Saturday. Sunday Rick and Katie leave to go back to Calgary and we are back to normal. Almost. There are decorations to be taken down before real and total normal returns LOL. I am not sure which day that will be.
But for today Matthew came over for a visit and he came bearing gifts of goodies that he and Caroline made. Shortbread from my mother's recipe. Wonderful Scottish shortbread is what my mom made.  Then fresh made cranberry sauce, still warm, and some different cookies. There are hardly any left. We gobbled them up between the three of us .((  Naughty but good.
All that's left LOL.

We saw little Molly from across the hall running up and down. I had a little gift for her so I tool the opportunity to give it to her grandma. Molly gave me a present back, a little tree standing up in a small mason jar. It is just so cute. Molly who is almost three helped with the snow part of the gift.  She is a sweetheart but is reluctant to talk to us. Shy little girl.
Shake it and you get a snowfall.

Rick went out this afternoon to have a coffee with a friend. It is so boring for him sitting here with us and the TV. I am glad he has friends here. I would like to be sewing but it takes up so much room that I don't bother. Then I have to take everything out and put it all back again.  And he sleeps in the room where my machine etc. is. Next year I'll get started again. LOL.  I want to get at my embroidery.

This picture really touches me.

This dog  Abby passed over the rainbow bridge and the little girl asked God to make sure He  took good care of her dog . She told God she missed Abby so much and was happy God had let her take care of Abby for a while. 

Our Charlotte all set for winter. She is getting so big and will be three years old in January. Rose just had her second birthday this week.  Mary , no pictures? 

No snow folks, it has all gone. That was a short winter. Haha.


No pattern for this lovely quilt but I figure that if you call the squares 9 inches then the little checkerboard pieces would be 3 inches each and so would all the other squares in the 9 inch blocks. The colours are so rich and deep. I would love this quilt.

Our sweet Rose had a birthday on the 20th this week. She was 2 years old.  I am waiting for a picture and will put it up when it comes.


Great grandson Adam in his new kilt. It is lovely isn't it. He looks happy. It's the Scot in him.

Time to go folks.
Have a lovely Christmas Eve. I hope Santa finds your chimney.

Good night all.



t