a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ray's birthday

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday. I hope he was happy about his special day.   Happy Birthday my darling!

I hope this is the first time for this one. The tutorial is good so it will be easy to make.


http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.ca/2013/11/more-purple-samplers-finished.html

Grandmother's Choice , the recent issue.

I did go to my early sewing group . Pat picked me up. We sewed the morning away. I made hearts and Pat made flowers. She brought me home after lunch. Of course I was tired and had a nap. Is it lack of sleep, yes , some of it, or can it be old age? Picture an old lady napping in her chair. That is not me since I cannot sleep in a chair. I have to lay down on a bed to sleep. So I did!!

When we got up we goofed around until it was time to go an meet Sam for dinner. We went to Swiss Chalet for chicken.  Ray told me he did not want to go to The Keg as I thought he did not like it . On the way to dinner he said he didn't care for chicken. Why did you ask to go there? Because The Keg is too expensive. ARGH.  Anyway it was Sam's birthday and Ray's too so I treated them both to dinner and I was very happy to do so.

So happy Birthday to Sam too.  My best men. I have so many best men.

I took a picture of the two men at dinner. Cut off both their heads ,a favourite trick of mine and Sam put his cup up to his face as I was clicking the camera. Bad picture. Bad Sam LOL.

While I was out this morning Ray put up the Christmas tree  and a few decorations. We weren't going to do that but Ray likes Christmas .
Little tree stands on a slant but the lights are so pretty. They flash on and off and are such a treat to watch.

What a nice little apron , only one piece and the straps which can be made as you would make binding but just sewing them closed.  It would be easy to cut it on a piece of paper on the fold. The gloves can be done by copying from a pair you already own.


Two little guys keeping warm in a snowstorm.They don't have enough sense to come in out of the storm LOL.

Miss Charlotte pumping up her doll's hair and making dolly better. Imagination!

And that's all for tonight folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.

















No comments: