a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, December 27, 2013

Dinner out tonight

We just got home from the KEG where we had dinner. Richard treated us to this wonderful dinner. I had a small slice of  Prime Rib and baked potato with all the trimmings. But first a had a small Caesar , I really like that drink.  I never drank liquor before I turned 80 but now I have a Caesar when we go to the Keg as I truly enjoy  one. Luckily we don't go to the Keg very often.  
Richard had a large Caesar called a Keg size Caesar. We had hot bread with 3 cheese butter , I love that. Then Rick had a  large Prime Rib and potato. Ray had  a Sirloin steak, no potato as he is not supposed to eat them but he had grilled veggies.
We had a slice of  ice cream cake  for dessert as it was an anniversary celebration. Ray and I have been married for 38 years. Not bad for a second marriage. It was just a bit early for a celebration as the anniversary is not until the 29th. But we are going to Victoria tomorrow and then Rick is leaving to go home to Calgary.

I had a fall today , small injuries, a sprained wrist and cut elbow , jerked back muscles but it it the kind of soreness that won't last long.   That's what comes of walking into a dark room with no  light on. Stupid isn't it. 

As for the early part of the day Ray and I went shopping. Off to Chapters to buy a Kindle. I want a Kindle because they are back lit and It will be easier for me to read.  It was so busy in the mall that we could not even find a parking spot. I have been in that mall before when it was like that and knew at the end of our shopping we might not be able to get out. So we went to Staples at the Crossings . They had samples of the Kindle but none for sale. End of story . London Drugs had no Kindles at all, they did not sell them.   We bought a can of coffee and a eye liner , that was it.

We came home and waited for Rick to come home from a meeting with a friend. He was not long behind us. 

And of course I forgot my camera, what is wrong with me these days.  I just asked Rick and Ray to remind me to take a picture of Rick and me tomorrow.  Rick made a whole life time of pictures on a USB memory stick. It was wonderful and I want as many pictures of him as I can get.  It has been a super visit.


A picture of Kate and someone's baby. I have no idea who this adorable baby is but I know who adorable Kate is. My granddaughter, Rick's daughter.

I thought this quilt was just the thing for a little girl.  Change the colour scheme and it works for a little boy too. 

This is so old fashioned , long dress, hat and muff makes up the girl's outfit for outdoor skating.
While I like the colour of this quilt it is just way too busy for me.

I'm tired so I am closing for tonight.

Have a good evening.
Good night.


















No comments: