a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

compass

http://bit.ly/1ckOGAP

Isn't this a beauty? What would you use it for ?


Another gorgeous star block for your pleasure. 


Haha a great little design for a quilt. This one has free instructions so go ahead and try it out.  Click and you're on your way.

Ray and I went to Walmart today, the one in New Westminster. We had been going to the one in Vancouver for a while and wanted a change if WalMarts change. Well this one had. There was a whole new section added to carry groceries. It was a big surprise. However we did not was a lot of stuff. We just went for bath mats and I wanted some pads for nail polish removal.  

whne we came home I had a nap, yes I am back to a nap. I read for some time. It was a new book and I have no idea where it came from. It is called Alone in the Classroom. A very interesting beginning with a murder of a girl and a hint of evil in the principal of the school where our heroine is a teacher. It is an interesting take on the classroom of the late 1920s . I am finding that I make comparisons between teaching then and in the 1960s to 1990s. There are of course similarities but also differences. The teacher in this classroom impressed me with her efforts to help a boy with obvious  dislexia. He has been written off by the principal and everyone else but she has taken up the cause and is teaching him one on one after regular class.  I did not get too far into the book but what I have read reads very true to me. 

Now we are watching Dr. No a James Bond movie. We have  not seen the one before. It stars Sean Connery. It is not bad if you like that kind of movie. Lots of action !

This is a true beauty I don't know what it is called but I would name it Harlequin. I am sure it has a lovelier name than that . 




What a lovely table runner. I like the blue fabrics and I bought 2 pieces of blue today, small pieces.

That's the day folks.
I hope you all had a lovely day.
Have a nice evening.

Good night.




























No comments: