a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Winter signs

Winter storm warnings across the country including Vancouver. Snow expected. Aaargh.  We are very spoiled here on the west coast as far as winter weather is concerned.  So far no snow just a weather warning.  We plan to get out and go to Safeway for a few items which will no doubt cost $100 . That is okay since we did not shop for a few weeks. 

I see that the show of The Book of Negroes is on this week. I read the book and it was most interesting. If you get the chance to see the movie on TV go for it as Ray says. I plan to watch, it has been a long while since I read the book.

Ray is suffering still from Rheumatoid Arthritis, he has trouble even walking. It is so sad to see him all crippled up like this. He cannot take many medicines because of his kidneys. So he is stuck with extra strength Tylenol , no codeine as he is allergic to codeine. As he says sometimes it is hell growing old.  

Ray was just saying how he liked watching little babies. There was one on the TV. We both enjoyed watching our little great granddaughters dance around the room. They are so joyous in their dancing. Little ones are wonderful.

We are off soon to do some grocery shopping. I'll be back in a couple of hours.
Several hours later and we are watching the hockey game. Score 0 0.

Rose in her beautiful new dress , not sure what the box is all about LOL.  This is a lovely picture of my little Rose.


The hex for January, lovely as usual. Feather stitching and other fancy stitches enhance the hexagon.

My special friend Gail at the beginning of 2014. Now at the beginning of 2015 she is bed ridden with Parkinson's disease. What a tragedy for her and her beloved husband David. I wish her well this year.
And this is David who is deserving of a medal for his love and care of Gail. He is a man I admire for his dedication.

Ray now has my cold so we are both suffering tonight. 

I set up my lap top for Netflix so I can watch some of the movies on it. However I really want it set up on the TV and do not know how. I'll have to ask Ricky if he can help me out.  I think we need to get a box of some kind . That's what Richard has. I really enjoyed watching Midsomer Murders on his TV. The last time we were in Calgary we watched another movie on Netflix. To me it is worth watching those films.

So that is it for tonight folks. Have a lovely evening.

Aha and a  very special good night.




No comments: