a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 15, 2012

comforts of home

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/easy_quilts.htm

Susan gave directions for this block on About.com. It is an easy block and makes a nice statement.
Have a go at it.

http://quiltedleaf.weebly.com/birthday-club-block-project.html

Lots of pictures of this block on this site.
Comforts of home. Interesting block isn't it but fairly simple. It demonstrates how a variety of colours can live comfortable together.


<<http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/2012/10/the-wishquilt-were-nearly-there.html
Anyone working on this one?
 
Wind and rain today and more of the same tomorrow. But I am happy because tomorrow is Tuesday, my sewing day. I am so looking forward to it.  I will continue to work on embroidering the antennae on my butterfly blocks. And some day I will finish them LOL. If I live that long.
 
I did not sew today. We watched the old shows in the morning until noon. That would be Perry Mason, Rockford Files and Hawaii Five O, the Original.
Then we went up to the crossings to have lunch at McDonald's, chicken- McNuggets. Haha we oldies still eat like young 'uns and we are alive LOL!!  SO go ahead and enjoy yourself folks!
We also went to the grocery store for bread. Hello! Do you believe that we just bought bread.  I had to speak to one of the employees a senior person about the shape of the stand up freezers.  The doors were so frosted over and the food in them was not looking good , some of the dairy item were so close to the due by date that I just had to tell them about that too. Oh I'll bet he loved me :))
I came home and played with my computer for a while and then it was time to make dinner. We had homemade spaghetti sauce from the freezer and of course spaghetti. The bread we bought was very stale even though they said it was made last night.  I hated it. We ate some of the pickled beets that Clairee brought me from the states when she was up here. They are really good. Then I boiled up some eggs for my sandwiches tomorrow. I run the hot eggs under the cold tap to peel them and the shell comes off easily. Then I cut them up added onions and celery shopped fine, put in mayo and mustard along with a bit of Tabasco, salt and pepper, mixed them all up and they are ready for eating.
Mary sold some of Rose's clothes that were too small and bought Rose this chair. She seems to like it and it is her size. Such a darling!
 


Last night I cleaned out a lot of photos from my laptop, then today I put a lot more in the files. I need to be more careful LOL.

Doggies and their mommy, it is so sweet the way these pups imitate their mom.  And they look like her too. Ah genetics is a wonderful thing.
 
Red is amazing!
 
And so is orange, Autumn has so many fabulous colours.
 
Are you tittering at this one, It makes me titter. I can see the wheels turning over in this kitty's brain. Such fun.
 
A storm in the distance- it would pay to keep out of the way if this storm. I can see it travelling down the road. Storms are so dramatic and exciting as long as you are watching it on TV and not in its way.
 
And here is daddy's little helper helping mom and dad to move from one apartment to another with an extra bedroom.
Well that's that.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Boa Tarde.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Rose is sooooooo cute in her little chair.

jean said...

Do you and Ray actually eat a whole loaf of bread before buying another loaf ?
I buy a loaf of bread and I have to keep it in the freezer to keep it from going stale. It will last at least one month but then again , Sam doesn't really eat bread due to his diabetes. Too much carbohydrates. I eat an occasional sandwich. But there is nothing like fresh bread from a specialty bread store. Jean