a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday doin's

http://www.judymartin.com/free-bom.cfm

Nice block by Judy Martin a Prickly Pear Cactus block.
This is all the good stuff I have for you tonight, my searching has not produced anything I want to use.

We had to go to Lana's place today for a memorial service for Ray's Uncle Dick. Lana is his daughter. First we went to Buzz and Bob's place so that we could follow them to Lana's. When we got there we realized it was just too steep for me to get down and back to the car so I sat in the car and read my book while Ray went down to the "party". However lots of people that I knew stopped at the car to talk to me. I did manage to get a few pages read though. It was lovely to see everybody as they went down the hill so I got to visit as much as Ray did. LOL.

Earlier in the day we did our grocery shopping. I bought the latest Fons and Quarter magazine. I plan to read it a bit tomorrow to see if it has anything I want to make.

This quilt has a number of different blocks as you can see. It is not a sampler  since there is no continuity of colour or size to it. It is a quilt that I don't quite get because I like things to be more orderly so that I can pick out the themes. No themes here.
But you can see the themes in this quilt .It is what we used to call a Sampler and still is as far as I am concerned. There is the colour theme, reds and greens predominating. The blocks are all the same size , another theme.In this quilt the blocks are all pieced but that is not absolutely necessary in a Sampler. The sashing is all the same colour as are the corner blocks. The only thing I don't like as it is a deviation from the thematic tone is the border. There my take on the Sampler. I have a wonderful book of just Samplers. All of the quilts in the book conform to this image.

I forgot about this chicken quilt when I featured chickens the other day . It looks like a log cabin base. I like it and it looks like the one Kate made when she was just 13.
 
Looks the same doesn't it just smaller.
 
Not too early for you, Everybody Sing!!
 
HA! I'll bet he said that.LOL.
 
Interesting outfit wouldn't you say? 
 
You think I'm adorable don't you? Yes I do and so does Margaret LOL.
 
I am very tired tonight and am going to bed so if the blog is too short I apolgize.
Have a great evening folks.
Konbanwa!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






No comments: