a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

guild night

Guild tonight but first dinner out with Kathy, Judy and Barb. We meet every guild night for dinner. It is so nice to have an opportunity to just talk and eat. What could be nicer?
At guild we had an interesting speaker who took us through her quilting life until she found Labrynth quits and also through that found her own spiritual nature. The quilts are a wonder of  French Knots. It is quite amazing.
Every blue thing you see is a French knot, stunning!

We had a lovely time after with  Show and Tell and of course cookies and cranberry juice. Why cranberry juice you say? Because someone forgot to bring the coffee cream LOL.
Jean did this quilt of her son. She said she used strips to make the quilt. She has done some totally amazing quilts of people.
One member finally finished her first quilt , a sampler.
These two are Hawaian quilting, the Hallowe'en and the frog. This frog has so much personality. Mary A. made them both.
 
And talk about forgetting, I usually take a toothbrush and toothpaste with me to guild because I like to clean my mouth after dinner which is usually something with garlic. So I put the toothpaste and the brush holder in my purse. Lo and behold when I opened up the holder it was empty. No tooth brush. Drat, I had to finger brush my teeth.
Today I went to the cardiologist. He was so happy about the results of my test and said that at the moment I had no heart disease. The picture from the MIBI showed my red lines which are what carries the blood to the heart were not clogged at all. All my numbers were so good he was almost hugging me...  That was fabulous news!!

We had to go to Safeway for some coffee cream, hey I could have helped out at the guild if I had known they were short LOL.
Then I tried to have a nap but sleep would not come but I managed to stay awake for the evening and for now to write the blog.

Good news we have another follower. Welcome!

mile-minute-blocks-photo-tutorial
<<http://quiltingisstillmypassion.blogspot.ca/2007/07/mile-minute-blocks-photo-tutorial.html>>

Mile a minute tutorial. Apparently it takes no time at all so they tell me.
 
 
http://maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-quilt-as-you-go-tutorial.html

Ha, Quilt as you go is gone LOL.
But it left behind a tutorial for your perusal.
 
LOL. A cat in the oven and I won't take this any further because I may offend...
 
These are so beautiful.
 
And I am going to bed.
So I hope you all had a good evening.
 Bonne nuit.
 
.
 
 
 
 


No comments: