a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good Tuesday

I am praying for  all throw who were caught up in that dreadful storm on the east coast , who suffered loss of life and loss of homes and  power . it has been a horrible time for all of them.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/10/lessons-in-stash-folding.html

Just a little help with organizing your stash.
I had a friend who used this system and she had the nicest looking stash I have ever seen. She had plastic boxes for all the bits and pieces neatly organized into colours. Unfortunately she is no longer with us. She was an amazing quilter.

A rarely photographed Florida squirrel, Thanks David!
 
Tuesday special... Pat picked me up at 8:50  to got to Starbucks for coffee and a visit.  Then we left for the church where our quilting group is and where many things take place. Some sewing, some magazine reading, book sharing and offers of fabric for those who would like a special piece and thos who are ready to share. Betty offered me a nice piece of yellow for making a heart. I'll get it next week.
This week I managed to get four antennae embroidered on my butterfly blocks. I don't want to get them done too soon, no real danger of that LOL.  There were no magazines today so I got a bit more done. Joan showed us her beautiful Scottie dog quilt . All the dogs had plaid coats, very cute! 
 
 
That was the only show and tell today except for another showing of the bird quilt which I didn't show last week. This week I will show it.
This is a group effort for a gift-a McKenna Ryan quilt Home Tweet Home. It is so delightful.
 
Juliet was not going to Pumpkin Seeds again this week so I did not go either. Pat brought me home. She doesn't go to Pumpkin Seeds as it is a function of  our guild and Pat belongs to another guild. She lives quilt a long way from where we quilt so she needs to get home before the traffic builds up.
Next week Juliet will be going Hurrah!!!
 
Ray and I got home at about the same time and after a little chat I went for a nap . Then when I woke up I decided to sew the last three blocks . However I had a lot of trouble with my sewing machine . The bobbin are had thread stuck in it and it took a bit of work on my part to finally clean out the bits of thread. I had to take it apart several times and clean out the area. I don't know what was happening in there but eventually I got it fixed and then did the three blocks.
 
Dinner was soup and crackers Jean. And how are you in Delaware after the storm?
 
Did I show this one earlier well it is just as cute now as then and it is just about Hallowe'en.
 
Block of the day -Peony Basket. How it got that name is beyond me haha.
 
My grandson Ricky, don't see too many pictures of him.
 
He is Rick's son, nice profile eh! He is a nice young man too. I am fortunate to have wonderful grandsons and granddaughters.
 
Kind of rough out there but he makes it look easy LOL. Not a laughing matter really but dogs always make me laugh.
 
Now cats are another thing we must take them seriously at all times. Nice quilt too.
Translation: I am serious man-
throw just one more.....
I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what will happen....LOL
Time's up folks.
Have a great evening and if you are in the east take care.
Gute Nacht.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: