a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Oh sew lazy

Imagine sleeping a good part of the day.  Well at least two afternoon hours.
However I did wash my new fabrics-In the washing machine. I planned to skip the agitator part of it but forgot and you all know what a mess that is. It took me a while to get the ravellings unravelled and cut off.  Serious hard work LOL. I did fold them all up but will iron them tomorrow. I am looking forward to cutting the squares out and arranging them into a table topper for Matthew who expressed a liking for the one I have on the table.  It will probably be too late for Hallowe'en but there is always next year. Mine will no doubt stay on the table for a part of next month.

I saw a nice variation of the  French Braid table runner. Isn't it lovely. You see that there is no centre square that is usual in this kind of pattern. Unfortunatley no pattern was offered. I think I go this off Craftsy quilts. There are so many pictures of quilts there but rarely patterns or instructions for the quilts.

I think it is so pretty in Christmas colours.
Ray boiled up some eggs for me to make into egg salad. So I made it and then he had to go up to the bakery and buy some bread. Now I am looking forward to soup and egg sandwiches for dinner. So simple and old fashioned.
We are watching the debate, it is almost over now. Fascinating!
I have some cute pictures of Rose in the pumpkin patch and some of Charlotte in her PJs LOL.
Wow all those orange things, looks like fun. Rose and mommy out with grandma for the day.
Fun times for Rose, she has a look of Charlotte in this picture.
Now that is such a nice autumn display.
Such a great little girl in her jammies. She always puts her hand on her hips and it is so cute.
 I found several quilts with chickens today but they did not have a pattern with them. However they are lots of fun to view.
More to come....
 
No you are not seeing things, this quilt has the chickens turning 45' in each panel.
Cute isn't it? And see the eggs around the chickens-it gives the quilt a nice finish.
 
This is a simple chicken pattern/quilt. I think you could draw up this chicken  yourself. I like to cut things out of paper to get the picture I want . Then  I can shape things up as I like them to be.
One more, I don't want you to be chickening out on me LOL.
Neat chickens in tidy circles. And that's it folks. For the chickens that is.
This is not a joke!!
 
 
An example of a crazy quilt block. It is very pretty. Crazy quilting can be very freeing. Just go ahead , shoose your colours with very little thought to matching them up and add all the lovely stitches you like and the do your embellishments.
This is the one I did for a guild challenge, the centre piece was embroidered on my embroidery machine, the one that is languishing in the shop because Janome is so dreadful about sending parts. You can find the patterns for  Crazy quilt blocks if you put that into your browser.
 
Remember this when you decide to park your whisk . I know not really funny but the I try .
And my little mice have taken up knitting again, look at the mess LOL.
 
Time to close up shop folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Buona sera.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, here is a tidbit of information regarding fabric before you wash it.. If you take scissors and snip off all four corners before washing it will not fray. Snip off about 1/2 inch. Jean

Jean said...

What I meant was, it will not fray and get tangle up in the washer. If you snip the corners of the fabric before washing.