a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, October 19, 2012

Lots of quilts

enjoy!

 
Hoffman's glorious fabrics for you to enjoy. Take the time if you can to go through this page. There are free patterns there too .
 
 
Super cute paper pieced Santa ornament pattern! For free pattern visit http://pinwheelponders.blogspot.com/2009/07/paper-pieced-santa-pattern.html
 
These Santas are adorable. And paperpieced Ugh!  Hmm I must get over this. I got over curves .
This morning Ray and I went to our guild quilt show. It was a lot of fun seeing many old friends and acquaintances. The quilts were great , but the vendors were very busy and I had trouble getting through with my walker.
I took quite a few pictures so that is what you'll see tonight. After we tried to get into Bentwood Mall , it was like Christmas , no parking spots, so we just left and came to our little mall here for bread and had some lunch at Subway.
When we came home I worked!!!! LOL . I cut the strips to make the four corners of my Hallowe'en  squares into snowball blocks. Remember I said I might be short of fabric for the corners, well I was haha. However I found some other fabric that will coordinate with the original. So I cut pressed and sewed, then pressed again. I will need to cut to square up the blocks. I  also found a bit of the fabrics from last year, not much but I can make a few extra blocks.

As well I found  a small quilt top I had made before I was sick so the top must have been made in 2010. It was a bit of leftovers from the animal quilt I made for Ray.
Here's the start of the quilt . Lovely face isn't it?
Here Goes!
A beautiful applique quilt and all hand quilted.

Another appliqued quilt. I so admire these great quilts.
 
I didn't get a very good view of this lovely quilt but enought for you to see what a great representation of native art it is. A very powerful quilt.
 
These are panels but I like them.
Winding Ways, one of my favourite patterns , this one is very lovely.
Peggy's Cove, one of my favourite places to go. We went there often when I live in Nova Scotia. Adam and Lisa were there very recently.
 
 
Rainy season for Sue, a challenge quilt. Of course I love her.
A beautiful job on this challenge quilt. I didn't take any more of them, it was so crowded aroung that wall.
 
 
Ray loved this one because of the blue and white fabrics.
That is all the quilts for tonight , tomorrow I'll put up the rest of the photos I took.
We are watching the football game. The players are wearing pink shoes, wrist bands and gloves in honour of breast cancers sufferers.
Coaches and other offside people are also wearing pink.
It is great to watch these big guys wearing pink. What a wonderful idea and kudos to the players for taking this step to advertise breast cancer patients.
 
Now it is time for me to relax.
You too have a restful evening.
Aloha ahi ahi.
The force be with you!!!!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Pinwheel said...

Hello Mary and lulu.

If you are thinking of making more than one Santa, and you aren't comfortable with paper piecing, you might find it less daunting to assemble them from strips of fabric. Just sew together long strips of red, white and peach fabric, lay your backing fabric on top, trace the diamond shapes on the backing fabric, and then sew around the diamonds. Just don't forget to leave a space for turning them right side out.

pinwheel (Nova Scotia)

PS Because of captcha it took me 20 tries to leave this comment! Please consider turning it off.