a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hallowe'en is here

And I want you all to stay safe tonight.
I have garnered a lot of Hallowe'en photographs so the blog may be mostly photos. Some are amusing and some are adorable.
But just a quick  run down of the day.
We were watching TV this morning and I saw it was 11:40 and we had an appointment with the doctor for a flu shot at 12:00. you should have seen us scurry around, no time for beautifying, just time to get dressed and out the door . We were only a couple of minutes late but the doctor was standing at the door to her examination room with 2 needles in her hand and a smile on her face. She is such a great lady. We got the shots and never even felt the needle going in. Thank you Dr. Van Wyk.
Then we went out for lunch to Cockney Kings, At the door of the bank, no we did not go to the bank but close by was this amazing dog. I have not ever seen one like him before. He is the original shaggy dog and a patient one at that. Look at him.
Isn't he wonderful? If you know what kind of breed he is let me know!
Then we had fish and chips for lunch, one oyster for me as well. It was all very nice. You know people are so kind, Ray went to the WR and I was getting up out of the chair , it looks so painful and three kind men offered to help me up. It is just hard for me to lift up but I can eventually manage to do it. Also I have had so many young men open up and hold the doors for me. I am happy to say that all is well with the youth of today.
We came home and I am still spending a lot of time on the computer getting the embroidery designs found and onto the stick. I looked for a 5.5 inch ruler, I know I have two  of them but neither one showed up. Getting my work done these days is a lot of time spent searching for something. I know why I have two of things, I just go and buy a new one, takes less time LOL. By the time I didn't find my ruler I was just too tired to do more than eat my dinner which was radishes and celery with cream cheese stuffed in it. It was delicious. Try it some time. And no cooking needed haha.
Here come the pictures....
Here are the shirts I bought today. Ray said buy the red when I had chosen the wine so he said buy two. When I got to the cashier there were three tops there, a black one. Ray likes to buy me clothes. I have to stop him sometimes but he is such a great guy all the time.
See the lovely purple orchid at the back of the photo, we went to Hop On's for the last time this year as he always closes for the winter. The orchids were on sale for half price so he got  it  .You can see the other one on the right that we bought last week. I think this is a pretty photo.
 
This one too, Rose as a peacock for Hallowe'en and pretty as a picture, happy to be photographed. What a darling.
 
Piglets  in a pumpkin/Jack O Lantern, happy as pigs in a blanket.  My mom used to make pigs in a blanket , it was sausages in a pan and covered with Yorkshire pudding and baked in the oven. Oh my how we loved that!
Getting ready for the fight. Tough little guy and his friends. :))
 
A very seasonal place mat, too late for this year but get ready to do it for next year. No need for a pattern here, just draw the pumpkin and cut squares for the corn, it holds the napkin just in case you can't tell LOL.
A great haul for this little mouse.
 
Gotta have a dog!
 
 
 
The end of it stuffed and tired!
Have a great evening folks.
Buenas Noches
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: