a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, October 29, 2012

PP Witch

http://www.shopmartingale.com/halloween-freebie.html



PP the Witch!! You have to register , that takes but a minute and then you have access to the witch and various other patterns. Scroll down for the witch, it is a great pattern.

http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WeathervaneBlock.html

Susan of Starwood Quilter fpund this one in Quilterscache and shared it with us all. I like the way she has featured the flower in the centre piece.
 
I read in Denise Russart's sock blog Sad Socks that she was having trouble with a sock she was knitting and so she relegated it to the "naughty knitting basket."  That so amused me that I had to put it on my blog.
My sock behaved itself very well LOL.
 

Coyote sighting   at the park. We were driving home and caught sight of a coyote in the grass just walking around. It is a somewhat common event here in the city because we have so many high forested parks. The trees are so beautiful but the built up areas of trees  house any number of wild animals. We have seen lots of critters in out travels especially when we were able to walk regularly. Of course it was long past when I managed to get my camera out. Too bad. At first I thought it was a dog without an owner but quickly realize that was not so.
Our street and many city streets are all tree lined.
Ray and I went to the mall after lunch and did our small walk. It is such a shorter walk than we used to do but I guess any walk is better than no walk at all. And this way we don't spend any money because we are too tired to look around. Sad but true.
When we got home I sewed my Hallowe'en hexagon blocks and I won't show them until they are done since it looks funny with the corners jutting up. I have not trimmed the corners yet so they are three layers of fabric. I am still undecided as to whether I should trim them or leave all three layers.  I worked on them all afternoon and now just need to do three more. No embroidery today . I seem to be useless when it comes to doing more than one thing. Tomorrow is out since it is my goody day with my sewing ladies LOL.
I did mail the piece I made yesterday to the lady I promised it to in February. I don't really know if she can use it now but a promise is a promise even if it is late. I'll show it here when it arrives at her door so as not to spoil the surprise.
Katie , my granddaughter just called from Toronto for a chat. She is waiting for the storm to hit. We   had a lovely conversation about men LOL.  She is going to university there. She said she and her friends are going to Chelsea's concert this weekend. Chelsea is my other granddaughter who is going to university in Toronto.
Katie, lovely isn't she. She is Rick's daughter.
 
 Haha!!
Fifth apron nice and frilly the way I like them.
 
I wish you all well who are in harm's way from the storm and hope you will be safe  and well supplied. Plenty of tuna. 
 
It is time for me to go .
Have a great evening!
Bonser.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments: