a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, January 20, 2014

a day with Charlotte

Not a full day with Charlotte but then she puts so much energy into a day, an hour ,a minute that it seems like a day with Charlotte. It is so much fun to watch her and interact with her. She is into ballet nowadays and danced the day away showing off her ballet positions.  It is so interesting to watch her. 


Lunch for a girl in the little red dress Great Grandpa and Great Grandma gave her for her birthday on the 15th. And a friend.


Such a cheerful little face.

Artist at work.
Charlotte made a bed for the snowman and for herself  from my Santa quilt. 

On the way to the beach. 


Good bye sweet Charlotte. and Meaghan and Lewis.

Have a lovely day at the beach.
They left here to go to the beach and catch seashells. LOL.
She is a wonderful little girl and so entertaining. She does like the attention but then who doesn't.

Ray and I stayed home for the day. He is not feeling too well and his rheumatoid arthritis is becoming bad. His fingers on the right hand are swollen like sausages and that is supposed to be his good hand. When we were married for just three weeks he put his hand through the rotating saw and cut off all the fingers of his left hand.  I wrapped them up along with his hand in a towel and we rushed to the hospital and the best hand surgeon in the province was on duty and sewed them all on. He said that it might take 10 days before he would know if they really would take. Matthew unwrapped the bandages every morning and re wrapped them for the day while I went to work. He took such good care of Ray's hand and I think that is why the fingers took. There are no knuckles in that hand as the saw took care of that. 
However his right hand is very sick with arthritis. He is a bit down  and in pain about that. 
Tomorrow we are both going out and maybe that will help him feel better. Ray is taking his cousin Gus to the hospital and I am going quilting with Pat.  Gus has to go to the hospital because one of the wires to his pacemaker has to be  rewired. It broke away. Gus does not drive so Ray is the designated driver.
I need to get my sewing bag prepared tonight.
After Meaghan, Lewis and Charlotte left to go to the beach we stayed home.  So it was a no go out day  LOL.

For dinner I put a meat pie in the oven and made some gravy for it. I liked it. Ray must have too as he ate it.  Then I made egg salad for my sandwich tomorrow. Now I am all prepared for the day.

I think I will do a bit of knitting tonight if I can get off this computer.
I see Meg needs some new socks.
Everything smelled so sweet when the laundry was hung outside . But when it rained it was a huge pain drying it indoors on a rack that hung from the ceiling.


Kittens are so adorable.

This is not true of most of my memories but it stirs the romantic in me for some strange reason. The road that leads to somewhere.
Pretty table Runner with curved lines.

So this is all for tonight folks. I am out of surprises.

Have a lovely evening.
Good night.















No comments: