a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dear Jane

http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2013/08/wips-dear-jane-flimsy-earth-monkeys.html

Dear Jane quilt.
Have you ever started a Dear Jane quilt and is it lying in a box like mine is. LOL. I have seen very few completed ones so I think that is where they are.  This one is  unique in that the background is blue.  It is beautiful in Trip Around the World pattern.

It was a great night last night with my Pot Luck friends. We started with Jan serving  cheeeses, crackers and veggies as starters. While she worked in the kitchen we ate up the beginnings.  For the main course we repaired to  the dining room where the table was beautifully set. Chicken was on the menu with a lovely sauce that featured cranberries. Along with that there were roasted vegetables. Dessert was two kinds of pie along with ice cream. I did not have pie just the ice cream.
It was a lovely evening , lots of great conversation and food. It is lovely to get along with old friends .

Ellen, we taught together as did all of us.
Janet out youngest member. When she first began to teach it was as my partner. She was a perfect teacher  right from the start. The purse belongs to another Jan. There are three  Jans in our group of nine.
From left to right Judith on the left, Diana in centre and Karen on the right. Karen drove me to the dinner party and Diane drove me home. They are such good friends to me.

Isn't this cabinet of blue china gorgeous.  Not in my friend's house but off the net.

My dear friend Gail from Arizona at a special quilt show. It is good to see that she is out and about after a long session in hospital.

This looks fairly easy to make but you would have to ask Paulina at Hamels for the instructions.

Dogs are just a lot of love. Last night Jan had a big black dog called Sheba and she was loving to everybody. It was lovely to visit with her. I would like to have a fog.


My son Jim and Ahmed , good friends for a long time.

My grandson Rich and his new fiancee June just got engaged to be married. Congratulations to you both.
They live in Louisiana so we don't get to see them very often, Sad but true.

We have had wonderful weather lately. This is how it was today.What could be better on a January day, blue skies , warm days and trees still waiting to leaf. If winter comes can spring be far behind. No it cannot.

Today Ray and I did our regular shopping at the grocery store. I am still looking for the 100 blocks magazines. Still no luck I am afraid. 
And that was ll we did, came home and watched TV. I had a long nap, tired from yesterday. Richard called and we had a good chat. He was going out with his friend Elizabeth for dinner. I am happy that he has a good social life


Lots of people pictures tonight. I hope you enjoyed them, I love sharing my photos.
The last one is me taken last night.
I gained some weight over Christmas and I am still  eating at parties. I need to refuse food.

Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.

Good night.































No comments: