a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, January 23, 2014

scraps

http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/PatternPage/LovingOurEarth/LovingOurEarthScrapPatchProject.htm

This is a good one to show how to make a scrap patch. 

My sister Marg made a few observations today about yesterday's blog. 
1. I said my great granddaughters in Quebec were all girls. Marg noted that all daughters are girls LOL. Right there Sis.
2. Remember the book I said I had no idea where it came from. Apparently it came from Marg. 
3. Mary told me Charlotte's birthday was January  7.

It is a good thing my family keeps me posted Haha.

We managed to get out hair cut this morning. Ray got his done first and I waited for him , then mine was cut second while he waited for me. We went down to Metrotown afterward and had a hamburger at Burger King. We walked half the mall after that but it tired me out and we came back. Then we sat down , bought a scratch ticket and shared a Dairy Queen small sundae. 
On the way home we stopped at Safeway , Ray went in to pick up his prescription and we came home. Ray had a head ache and his afternoon was not good. He is feeling better now.
I made dinner for me and a sandwich for Ray. 
That was it for the day.Not much for a day is it. 
When we got home we did not do very much either. 

There was a terrible fire at Isle Verte  Quebec senior's home Residence du Havre.  Many members of the home which did not have a sprinkler system did not survive. Five deaths confirmed and 30 missing residents, presumed dead. Fires in the winter are so common and so devastating. 


I told you to stay out of there.

This so amused me, whatever  it means.

Isn't this fabulous. Orange hearts are gorgeous in this case.

String vests are not that common but I have seen a couple of them before. This one is good because  it separates out the blocks and still makes them appear to be a whole block. See what I mean.

A quilt. Not one  I would make but it looks easy.  No pattern either. 

The chevron quilt featured here is for a baby boy. Nice isn't it?

Not finished yet but I would use this for a table topper.

These two are close friends.



Time for bed.

And that means me as I am really ready.
Have a good evening.

Good night.

































No comments: