a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, January 17, 2014

something different

http://bit.ly/1dxxgGe

Knitted bag. It is a lovely knit in Aran design. And it is different from the usual quilts.
Many years ago I knit  Aran  sweaters for all 5 of my sons and for Ray my husband I know I made many of them but cannot remember where they went.  My first husband was in the Navy and I knit  at his request Mary Maxim  sweaters for many of the sailors in Halifax  Nova Scotia. It kept me busy during the long snowy winter. As if having 5 boys under 6 was not enough to do. I had energy then.


Patterns here for free. Have fun with them.

Good advice.

And the winner is.......

 Our day was spent having lunch with our friends Bob and Buzz. Well not the whole day . Ray and I just had a salad and a coffee. We were not very hungry today.Probably make up for it tomorrow. It is a good day when you are hungry and do not eat much.  All four of us gained weight over the holiday. Buzz and I gained about 8 pounds eating chocolate. So silly of me to gain that much. Oh well small meals will take it off. And no chocolate or ice-cream. What a dull life that makes.  LOL.


And this picture reminds me of a tale

the Saturday Evening post an iconic American magazine telling the story of the ordinary events of every day life. In this one the ice cream is dripping down her arms.
When I was 3 years old and visiting in Scotland my cousin sent me around the corner to to the store to buy 2 Ice Cream cones. Why send me ? I have no idea . but she did. The ice cream ran down onto the cone and then onto my arms. Of course my only option was to lick the cones , after all I was three. By the time I got back to my cousin;s place the ice cream was down to the cone , almost gone.
I got into a lot of trouble and was locked in the closet.  My mom came back from where she was with my aunt. She was very angry with my cousin for locking me in the closet. I don't remember if she was mad at me for licking the ice cream so I can only think she wasn't. If you were three what would you have done?

I am missing the the intent of this one.But the kittens are cute.

This is a lovely little boy and his big dog. His mother has taken a lot of wonderful photos of him and his dog.
http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-children-photography-elena-shumilova/

This is the site. The pictures are oh so wonderful. Take the time to enjoy them.

 Cats are so curious. Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back. Oh would that life could be so simple. Life in reverse.

So this is the end of my blog for tonight.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Good night.






















No comments: