a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 4, 2014

More things to do

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ntoU3Iml4wZ2ltZDRES3p5Z28/edit?pli=1
We all need a large pincushion in our sewing room or by our chair where we sit and sew in the evening. Isn't it great?

Free pattern, just click on the picture and the instructions should come up.
Clamshell pattern a one piece quilt. The clamshell is that only pice in the quilt. It is the change of colour that makes the quilt interesting.



Pretty hexagon quilt . This one uses a larger hexagon than I like. But the colours are so nice.

Remember these gorgeous hexagons? I was wondering yesterday if there would be a new one
 soon and today here it is. This is a winter one and so lovely.

LOL. this sure made me laugh, I hope it amuses you too.

What an arresting sight. This lovely quilt is full of colour and beautiful Dresden Plates. It is tempting to set to and make another Dresden Plate. I gave the one I made to my sister in law when she was dying of cancer. She is gone now and I don't know where the quilt it but I think on of her children may have it. That is fine by me if it pleases them. I must ask them. In the meantime I like this one.


A great basket quilt. It is common to see a four patch basket quilt.

An older grandma stitching away on her star quilt.

All we did today was grocery shopping. i found it a bit too much and went for a nap when we got home. That is two days now that walking around shops has washed me out. What does that say. It says have a rest . So I do.

Ray made his specialty scrambled eggs for dinner. I love them and we ate 5 eggs between us. Is that bad or good. I don't know any more. It just tasted wonderful.

My heart goes out to all the people in the east where the cold is so intense.  I watch TV News and see ice and snow everywhere.
Digging out.

That's it folks .
Have a great evening and keep warm.
Good night.













No comments: