a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, February 4, 2010

bits and pieces

I am setting up some photos of 5 blocks that my friend Kathy made for guild. She is such a talented sewist. Hi there Kathy:>)) These blocks are paper pieced animals from A Quilter's Ark by the Australian designer Margaret Rolfe. They are so, so cute, I just love them. Maybe I can make the one , note "one" that I picked up at the guild last month, now that I have Kathy's in front of me. She is working for the Olympics on guild night and asked if I could take them to guild. Of course I can LOL. And by the way our guild did get permission from Margaret Rolfe to use them in this way for a good will project.
I am still a bit under the weather , it takes more than 24 hours to recover from the 24 hour flu!! When I get all my pieces together I'll let you know, oops , bad joke LOL.
However I did cut out 16 -5 1/2" blocks and the same 2 1/4" blocks so now I have no excuse to not sew. They are all the Hallowe'en fabrics I have left over but I did not cut up all the fabric. I am hoping to exchange some Hallowe'en squares with other guild members. After all there is no rush to complete :>)) I'll mark the little squares tonight while watching TV and hopefully finish the red sock. I am wondering if I have enough yarn in the ball. On the last pair ,the grey ones , I finished with 4 inches to spare. What a close call.

2 comments:

Diana Davis said...

I love those animal blocks!! I think that would be a great baby quilt! Where would I find this pattern? Remember I only have 2 1/2 months to get this baby's quilt done! LOL
I'm real glad you found your blog again! I knew that other one wasn't yours!

nanboudreau said...

Diana they are from Margaret Rolfe's book A Quilter's Ark.