a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a quilt

I have received a precious gift from a friend. She gave me a beautiful quilt!! When she was doing the final stitches I told her how beautiful it was and she is a wonderful quilter so it was the absolute truth. She said "Do you want it?" I said, "Who wouldn't?" She gave it to me, I was stunned totally!!!! I thanked her profusely and asked if she was sure because I found it so hard to believe. She said the fun came for her in the doing and she had all the quilts she needed.'She also said she was happy that I have it. So I have a beautiful new quilt. Thank you Sharon!!
Photo to come tomorrow when I download the camera.
Another friend brought in some fabrics from a downsizer and there was a piece of waffle fabric that would be good for tea towels. Another friend said Nan, I'll take this home and make tea towels for you to embroider on. She said you have done so much for us it is the least I can do. What a great day!!!
Today was applique day and I got one of my butterflies done and found that the backgrounds had been left at home so there was no more appliqueing done by me :>)). However I did have some pieces that needed basting down for the next butterfly , that gave me a job to do.
After arriving back home I sewed some more snowball Hallowe'en blocks . Ray asked why I was doing Hallowe'en right now , we all know that is how things get done by Hallowe'en don't we? So it was a good sewing day and I am happy.

3 comments:

Diana Davis said...

Oh you are soooo lucky!!! And what a nice friend you have!!!!! Can't wait to see the picture!

Sandy said...

Nan, I am delighted that your friend has chosen you as the worthy recipient of her quilt!

Sandy in South Australia

nanboudreau said...

Thank you ladies, I am happy that Sharon chose me to have her quilt.:>))